Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] Empty A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 am

A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] Header7

"My Lord... It's this way." Maaya was about ready to just loop arms with J and drag him along. This was the third wrong turn he's attempted to make so far. Maaya knew where the grand hall in the Ishino manor was thankfully. Otherwise, J might not have made it there. Granted, without Maaya, he would not even be here. Maaya's older sister, Akio, was getting married. Akio was the 10th child and 7th daughter of the Ishino. She and Maaya had gotten along decently, although Akio did have a small grudge against Maaya for getting into the Shinigami Academy when she couldn't.

Maaya was wearing a finely-made kimono and had a light touch of makeup on. The main difference in today's makeup was the addition of a light red lipstick. She smiled at her 'date,' J, and continued to lead him to the right location. The Ishino manor was different from the Saionji. It was more like a bunker with only a few windows, and it was almost eerily silent when there wasn't an event. Maaya passed down the hall that led to her former room, and almost hesitated. But no, Maaya continued on.

The grand hall was two stories tall and was the only room in the manor with a skylight. Only about a hundred people not of the Ishino main family was in attendance. "Maaya?" A voice called out from a few yards away. A woman in a cherry blossom pink kimono ran over to Maaya and gave her a hug. "Kaori, it is good to see you again. Are you well?" Maaya's barely-older sister looked a lot like her, but she kept her hair long and not in a ponytail. She also had a mole under her right eye.

"Yes, I am fine. You?" "I am doing fine. Kaori, this is Lord J. Saionji. Lord Saionji, this is the 12th child and 8th daughter of the Ishino, Kaori Ishino." Kaori bowed slightly and smiled brightly at her sister. "He's handsome. Got yourself a nice catch, sis." Kaori giggled and Maaya blushed. "I know you probably don't want to, but... Father is around the buffet—surprise, surprise—and you should probably go see him." Maaya nodded and gave her sister a smile.

Maaya led J over to the buffet table, where a bald man was making some sort of joke to a group of people. He had a beard that was black as night, and a monocle over his right eye. His expression almost soured when he saw Maaya. "Ah, it is my youngest daughter and..." Lord Ishino looked over to J, and was taken aback. "You certainly are Genjiro's child." Nobutada Ishino was the current head of the Ishino, and his short stature—he was an inch shorter than Maaya—may not say it, but he was a skilled swordsman who was formerly of the 3rd Division of the Gotei 13. He was not a Captain like J was, however.

"Hello, Father. Are you well?" Nobutada leaned on a dark cane and sighed. "Weddings are so tedious. I almost wish to never go to another again... But alas, I have too many unmarried children for that to be possible. Speaking of, do you have a date for yours yet?" Nobutada specifically pointed that question at J. Maaya was more of a bystander in Nobutada's mind.

Serenity
    Serenity

A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] Empty Re: A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:15 pm

A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] Header%203_zpszxwrwqpx

There weren't many times that J. Saionji decided to take a trip to the Ishino Family's residence. He sort of knew his way to that general area, but the moment he stepped inside the grounds, he was lost. If there was a not a sign pointing him where he was going or a guide to show him the way, he'd wander around for quite a while. If he got caught, he'd make up some half-assed excuse as to why he was wandering through a noble Family's grounds. Luckily for him, this time he had a guide to tell him where to go. Even as she tried, Maaya caught him deciding to take a wrong turn every now and then. He knew how to follow someone, he wasn't stupid. He was just dreading this day. The tensions with the Ishino were 'secretly' rising with every attempt on Maaya that they've made and having to wear fancier clothing was a bother! It was less comfortable, stiff, and just not convenient.

And to this event, J wore a dark volet kimono under a black hakama with the Saionji Cloak added in. He kept his hair back, as usual, and still carried his Zanpakutō. If anyone dared ask him to take it off, he'd shoot an intimidating glare and threaten to leave before he did that. Such an act would more than likely insult the family and the two marrying, so it's best if no one chose that. He was lead to the Grand Hall, which he couldn't help but mentally insult and compare to his own Hall. In reality it wasn't bad and beautifully decorated, but it belonged to the Ishino. Right now, he did not like any Ishino that was not Maaya. He had no idea how many people in this room would have prefered her not resist that damn Kidō that Heihachirou had used on her. Just thinking about the amount of traitorous pieces of shit in this room had the ability to push his blood to a boil, but he held off on that.

His attention was caught when Maaya began hugging some woman. It was one that J did not recognize, so he just watched as he was introduced. "Good evening." was all he said, giving a polite nod. The compliment given did not make him flinch, though seeing Maaya blush warmed him a bit. As the two stepped over to Maaya's Father, the self-control he had to keep at the moment was rather extreme. This man and his wife had tried to defile their own daughter, in his home as well. The tone that the bastard had when he saw Maaya made J want to slide his blade along the man's throat. A few violent and gruesome images wandered through J's mind as the man talked. When his Father's name was mentioned, J's attention was brought back. "I am." he said with a nod, "It is a compliment to be compared to him." J should have, but he did not thank this man for the comparison.

"If things keep going the way they are... you might not have to..." J thought rather pleasantly to himself as this bastard spoke of never going to a wedding again. No, he wasn't saying that this man wouldn't be invited to their wedding, which could be assumed, but instead was saying that he was on the ready to kill Nobutada. The thought was rather pleasing. Anyways... apparently J had been asked a question. "I do not have a date for my own wedding. I have yet to get to that point." J explained, waiting a moment as he thought about it, "Though recently, the idea has come out more often. My cousin, Yurina, has decided the after party will be at the Violet Sapphire. And my mother, even with her health declining, is hoping to be there when my brother and myself find the women we've decided to spend our lives with. Which reminds me..." For a moment, J's eyes darkened...

"I must thank you, Lord Ishino... Every woman you had sent prior to Maaya had been a waste of my time, unworthy of anymore than a third cousin in my family..." With a passive aggressive and rather threatening tone, J was enjoying the tension he was intentionally building between him and Maaya's Father, especially in front of the people who could hear. And now his eyes softened and he pulled Maaya in closer. "The fact that you held such a beauty from me is understandable, but next time it would be better if you put your best foot forward first... I'd rather not spend years sifting through trash. Though I do agree that the journey was worth it, especially when in the end I find a treasure worth a thousand times more than anything I searched through previously. And for that, I thank you for the surprise." With a narrow of the eyes, J's stare intensified, as if he had just challenged him.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:02 pm

Maaya stood beside J, not leaving his side. Nobutada wouldn't want Maaya any closer to him anyways. Nobutada's cane was almost completely black, save for the end and a single silver band a few inches away from the top. The end cap was almost a flat bar, and it shone with the same silver as the band. On the end, however, was a sapphire. This cane was not just a walking cane, but it was also the symbol of the Ishino family's head. Maaya looked up at J when he responded to her father's question. Her eyes were a little worried, but there was a fire in them that showed her determination.

Maaya blinked as Yurina and Madame Saionji were mentioned, as that was the first even Maaya had heard of it. Nobutada stared at the much-taller man with no sign of impression. "I would hope your mother would live long enough to see both of her sons marry, unlike your father." Nobutada's voice was calm, and he spoke with a thick almost-Chinese accent. The eye behind the monocle twitched as J blatantly insulted the daughters he preferred. The rest of his face stood resolute like a mountain. "Oh, it is no problem. I would prefer her to marry someone of equal value." Nobutada was also playing the passive-aggressive game.

Maaya let out a small whimper as she was suddenly pulled closer into J, and she moved in even closer afterwards. She was incredibly nervous. "My doctor recommends me to walk carefully, so I must watch which foot I put forward first." Nobutada wasn't entirely fazed by J's attitude. He had dealt with it before with vassals and other servants. The only difference is that Nobutada couldn't fire J. "Though I am confused about one thing, Mister Saionji. Maaya has not returned to collect any of her things, and I have not seen any of your servants come to do the same. If she truly is to be living with you and marrying you, then I would think that she should have what she left behind."

"Father..." Maaya spoke up softly a few moments after J's answer. "What?" Nobutada almost snapped at her, but he kept his cool. He wasn't going to let J get under his skin too much. "I would like to see Akio. Where mig—" "Impossible. Shiina is with her, and she wishes that they do not be disturbed by any unscheduled interruptions." Maaya looked a little disappointed, and nodded. "Understood, father."

"Mister Saionji, please enjoy Akio's wedding. I have to prepare to walk my daughter down the aisle." Nobutada shot a glare at Maaya before turning and walking towards a hallway flanked with armed guards. Well, not walked. Nobutada limped there, his left leg barely operable at this point. "Father was severely injured in the Gotei many years ago," Maaya quietly explained to J, "and he was unable to get full movement back in his leg. He was forced to retire soon after..." Maaya looked around and saw the next head of the Ishino, her older brother Hayato. He saw her as well, and he smiled a fake smile as he walked over.

"Ah, the youngest returns." Hayato had a smooth voice that most women would fall for in an instant. Maaya knew better, as she had seen just what a manipulator her brother was. "Hayato. It is good to see you." If there was someone in the family Maaya truly did not care for, it was Hayato. He stood about six feet tall, and his hair was gelled back to the point of looking fake. "This is—" "J Saionji, current head of the Saionji and Captain of the Sixth Division. I know who he is. Only an idiot wouldn't." Hayato extended a hand to J. "Hayato Ishino, heir to the Ishino. A pleasure to meet someone that my little sister here likes."

Hayato kept his smile up the entire time during their introduction. "So, Lord Saionji, I must ask... How has my little sister been treating you? She isn't that big of a problem, is she? If she is, we'll take her back—no charge." Hayato was just tired of hearing about Maaya. If taking her back into the family would shut everyone up about her, then so be it. He was the star of the Ishino, not that worthless dirt rag.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:53 pm

"I hope so as well." J nodded toward the comment about his mother. He was unsure of this man's intentions when his Father was mentioned though. If J remembered right, his Father and Nobutada weren't enemies. They weren't best friends, but J remembered nothing negative being said, which is surprising with the bullshit that has been going on. J's passive aggressive behavior was returned with an equal amount. That first retort was well done, but J was so much quicker minded than this cretin, "I'm glad to know you think so highly of me, Lord Ishino." Nobutada was a worthy adversary in this regard and that only pissed J off more. "Walking carefully is very good advice." J nodded again, staring directly down at this little gremlin that Maaya was forced to call Father. "Maaya has freedom to do what she wishes. I have no problem providing her with anything she wants and needs."

"If she wants her things, she can easily retrieve them, but I have not heard any request for her to return to this place." J then turned to Maaya and with a softened gaze as she spoke. Anyone who knew J would easily see that he cared for her. Luckily, no one here knew him well enough, excluding Maaya. Nobutada's reply to Maaya had J very close to punching the bastard in the gut, but he'd rather not ruin Maaya's day. He took a quite breath and calmed himself down as the old man walked off. "That man..." J muttered angrily, but his expression stayed stoic as Maaya explained his leg, "I see." If J said anything more, it'd just be insulting and that's what he was trying not to do. J was deep in angering thought when Maaya's brother showed up. J was not aware of any hostility between Maaya and her brother, so the first introduction was taken in respect and with a much kinder tone.

Well...  until he implied that Maaya was an idiot. "I rarely allow my picture up on walls, so those who have not meet me are not idiots for not knowing me by name and face... Though the compliment is well received." J took Hayato's hand and gave a firm shake, but said no compliments toward meeting him. J kept an arm firmly around Maaya any time she did not walk away from him. There was a protective feeling he was getting right now. If he let her out of his sight, he felt like something bad was going to befall her, even with that voice in the back of his head telling him to calm the hell down. "Someone like your sister could never be a bother. She has brought a light to the Saionji Manor that has not been there in some time and everyone has come to care for her, including myself." J explained in kind and looked to Maaya, "I do not believe I will be sending her back any time soon, if ever at all."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Maaya stayed mostly silent as Hayato and J spoke. She took a step to be beside J and not in front of him like she was before. J was her shield against Hayato. Hayato just smiled and nodded. Hayato wasn't really a super dickwad. He was just used to being the show. He was used to being the star, the big hooplah. He could understand not being it on a wedding day, but Maaya had been the Ishino most talked about lately. He almost got into some trouble for slapping a lady at a bar when she asked if he was Maaya's brother. It should be that Maaya was Hayato's sister.

"Haha, understood. Though, a good-lookin' mug like yours should be on a lot of walls." Hayato was just making good small talk, something he had mastered. J's worry was not without merit. A pair of eyes from down the hall Nobutada had retreated down leered at Maaya before retreating into the darkness. Maaya actually froze and stared up at J in utter surprise when he mentioned he wouldn't send her back. That... meant a lot to her. Maaya had heard something similar before, but it still shocked her.

It also shocked Hayato. He blinked, but kept up his smile. "I see... Well, looks like she's found someone who will love her, so that's good." As Hayato finished, people started moving towards the chairs that had been set up. Maaya pulled on J's arm for them to go. "It's starting..." Maaya had an end seat in the second row. She was not on the side the aisle was on, but the other side. Akio's husband-to-be, Horatio, was a Spaniard who was far more handsome than Maaya thought Akio would ever get. Granted, she never thought she'd get J Saionji of all people to even consider her...

About halfway through the ceremony, Maaya ended up placing a hand on J's. It was a nervous gesture, as she finally caught sight of her mother. But it was only to make her feel more secure. Not just physically, but that her heart was safe with J. That she wouldn't be feeling heartbreak because J is hers. Shiina Ishino was once a beauty like no other. She had green eyes  that once shone like an emerald, but now were faded like worn money. Her raven-black hair was adorned with many hairpieces of various styling, but none were cheap. But what stood out most about Shiina was the fact that she never looked at anyone in particular.

At the start of the reception, Maaya pulled J along to meet her sister Akio. "Akio, congratulations." Maaya spoke to her sister with a smile. Akio pulled her little sister into a quick hug. "Thank you, Maaya. It's good to see you. Is this...?" Maaya nodded and took a step back to be at J's side. "Yes, this is Lord Saionji." "Take care of my sister. You're probably the only one who will." Akio spoke that last bit in an almost-whispered tone, so not as to upset the other Ishino. Akio, Eisuke, and Kaori were the only ones that fully cared for Maaya. They saw the difference in how Maaya was treated, and didn't like it. But they didn't have the right to speak out.

"So you have returned here." A voice like a dagger sliding out of a sheath rang out from the side. Shiina Ishino walked forward, a grace in her step that only practiced women of status could even attempt. And Shiina did it perfectly. Maaya began to speak, but her mother extended a hand in a gesture to hush. "I have no need for an introduction from you." Shiina's dull eyes turned to J. "It is J. Saionji. I know of him well. I had a cousin that worked as a servant in the Saionji before she passed."

"Moth—" Shiina was not hiding her hostility towards Maaya like Nobutada did. "I did not give you permission to speak to me. Mister Saionji, it seems you have taken good care of her. She seems healthier than when I last saw her... A bit of a surprise, considering she falls ill whenever there is to be a large event." Nobutada and Shiina were like a cobra and a black widow with the venom that came from their words. But Shiina was far more deadly than her husband.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 pm

And the main event finally began. Yes! One step closer to getting the hell out of here and not stabbing one of these dreadful Ishino through the eye. The ceremony was rather beautiful and well-done. J took notes of certain parts. When he decided to marry, he would make sure to one-up any wedding the Ishino put on. Well, maybe. Apparently this was one of the few siblings that Maaya wasn't hated by. "Lady Akio, congratulations." This was the first time J showed any sort of charm  toward anyone this night. He gave a polite bow as well. "And you do not have to worry about Maaya. I have no plans to let her fall into the state she was first in when she arrived at my home." J looked warmly toward Maaya. Looking the woman up and down, J did realize that Maaya had put on a bit of weight, but it was beautiful. In otherwords, she finally filled out that beautiful body the way she was meant to.

"I will take care of her." J looked back to Akio and gave a promising nod. He was going to continue speaking when another grating voice hit his ear. The tone was immediately frustrating and when J turned to see Shiina Ishino there, he had to force up a calm look. There was so much of him that wanted to pull this woman and her husband aside and give them the threat of a life time. In his mind, he backed them both into corners and spoke low and threateningly, "Either of you send someone to harm Maaya in any manner again, I will make sure to humiliate this family to the point of no return, sending you disgusting excuses for nobles down to the muck of ther lower Rukongai. Understood?" A slight chill went up his spine when he thought about how satisfying saying something like that to them. It would be more than they deserved, since death would be the prime punishment for their crimes.

"It seems that happens when people who come into the care of those who are not sabotaging their well-being." If this woman wasn't going to pull any punches, neither was J. If she disrespected Maaya, J too was being disrespected. "I do not remember a law in any noble house saying that a child must ask permission to speak to their parent. It must be something that Ishino have implemented in certain circumstances... or on certain people. Lady Ishino... Which of these have you done toward Maaya and I'd like to know the reason for it? If she's done something wrong or to dishonor your name enough to have to seek permission to speak with the woman who gave her life, I think it's critical that I know of this event, don't you? It'd be highly looked down upon if secrets were being kept, especially since you and your husband, Lord Ishino were the one's who chose to send her. It would sully your name."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:00 am

Just like Hayato was one she did not care for, Maaya was only scared of her mother. She didn't know that her mother was going to kill her with Heihachirou. She didn't know of the other plans her mother had set out. But she did know her mother was a wolf behind that mask. She knew that her mother had ordered the death of servants over the years without remorse. The only thing she seemed to care about was herself. And Maaya was the one person that had damaged Shiina. She had taken something from Shiina, and there was no proper way to be repaid. Shiina despised Maaya, and the fact that she refused to look in the direction of her daughter showed this.

"Just as the same would happen if they are in the care of someone who feeds them care in overabundance." Venom slipped from her mouth again as she spoke an insult to J. She called him what was effectively a softie. She said he cared too much for her, and she was not deserving of that care. Her dull eyes focused on J while he spoke, the only bit of irritation coming from her mouth curving downwards. "Secrets are one thing. Family business..." Shiina's voice turned cold. "That is another."

"The Ishino operate differently than the other three when referring to the internal systems." Shiina spoke matter-of-factly, not trying to insult any of the other families with that. The Ishino did operate differently. They demanded complete and total respect from the members of their house, and they would not tolerate disrespect. "What this one has done is nothing you should be concerned about. It will not affect the arrangement whatsoever, so long as she stays in your house."

"I am concerned about this arrangement, however." Shiina's mouth curled back up into a faint smile. It was eerie, like an old doll's. "It has been nearly half a year since our arrangement started, and yet... I do not see a child, nor a ring, nor the marks of pregnancy. And yet, dearest Akio... she is already wed, and, if rumors are to be believed, with child as well. Surely if this one was as... much of a beauty as you told my husband... Then would she not be in the same placement as you? Horatio is, too, from a noble house, although it is not comparable to one of the Great Four... So I do not think that is a factor." Shiina's gaze focused for once. "So, tell me what has kept you from marrying her, if she is as perfect as you claim she is." Maaya held onto to J's sleeve, and her grip tightened. She looked up to J... because she wanted to know this answer too.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 am

J's eyes narrowed as if he had been challenged this time. He had and he was not going to stand for it. If Maaya had not been so close, this might have turned into a rather public display of tension between the noble houses. This woman's words were poison and it took all of J's control not to spout out right insults. He wanted to reveal everything that this woman had done, but the idea of ruining an innocent woman's wedding was horrid. Adding in the fact that Maaya actually liked the woman that was just married made it easier to resist the strong temptations that boiled within his blood right now. He let her talk. He let her reply. He had to control himself and there were certain things that he would say if he opened his mouth and he did not want to do that. He could not and would not embarrass Maaya. This family will be dealt with soon. J wanted to be there when it happened.

And that smile Shiina gave. That smile caused J to tense. He did not tense of fear, but of pure anger. Once the woman finished her little speech, J calmed himself before he spoke. It helped that Maaya moved closer. Right now, he was defending himself, her, and his family. He could not back down. "Only a fool takes little time to rush into such a huge decision..." J finally spoke up and his voice was calmer and even more confident than before, "If Maaya is to be the one I marry, I will do so with one hundred and fifty percent confidence in our love." J's voice raised just a bit to allow those near by to hear. His tone lifted, as if happy about what he was saying. "As you said, Lady Ishino, we operate quite differently. I prefer to take my time to get to know Maaya, to feel a true love, to bond and connect. I want her to be able to fully trust me, but also be able to completely trust her."

"Maaya has proven to be a wonderful woman. Beautiful, kind, intelligent, hard working, strong willed, and patient... especially with me." J looked down to Maaya and ran a finger along her cheek. For the briefest moment, there was a slight twitch of his lips, as if he were almost ready to smile at her. His eyes were focused, but soft. And when he turned back to Shiina, his confidence strengthened. "It is true that it's been six months, but tell me why someone would rush into a commitment that is going to bind them for centuries to come? In truth, I've thought everything positive about your daughter, Maaya. It is an honor to have her at my side. As many know, I've had many women attempt to grasp at my heart, but found all of them lacking in some way... For the first time, with your daughter, I do believe that the word..." He thought for a moment, "Perfection... comes to mind."

"I know you were implying something might be wrong with Maaya, but I assure you... Your decision to send Maaya to me was not wrong. I thank you, Lady Ishino, for the opportunity to get to know your youngest daughter. Any fault is with me. I am very busy, being a Captain and the head of a Family is difficult... But the decision to move further with our relationship is not just mine... It would also be on Maaya. If she chooses me, she will tell me and the same vise versa."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:55 am

Shiina's only nonverbal reaction during J's entire speech was her smile fading. He was good. He... was a threat. Maaya, on the other hand, was slowly getting wide-eyed. Her face was turning red, and she was staring at J while he spoke. She was so... surprised and utterly flabbergasted that she didn't even feel his touch on her cheek. She saw his hand before she felt it. Had this been just between Maaya and J, she would have interrupted him so many times. No, he was handsome! No, he was kind! No, he was smart, hard-working, strong-willed, and patient! He was!

But so was Maaya. Maaya's grip on his sleeve tightened. She wasn't scared. She was confident. This was a grip of possession. J was hers now... at least in her mind. She was wanted. That was clear with what J was saying. Maaya was a person, not just another child—and a hated one at that. Maaya was Maaya Ishino, not the Thirteenth Child of the Ishino family. When J called Maaya perfect, all other noise around her stopped. J... thought Maaya was perfect? But she wasn't perfect. She knocked over vases. She had been hurt. She didn't tell him that she was gone for the day she helped Yurina.

"It seems as though she has already chosen you..." Shiina's voice was still as venomous as ever. She spoke almost disappointedly at that. "That one is not perfect, I assure you, however..." Shiina's expression turned cold now. "I suppose it is good that she has found someone so... what is the word," Shiina had to resist saying 'idiotic,' "generous as to overlook her imperfections." Shiina's voice practically dripped now. "And although my decision to send her to you might have been wrong, other decisions since then... I may have to reconsider them." For once, Shiina sounded blatantly threatening towards J.

"I will take my leave now. I do believe my husband requires my attention. He can be so helpless at times." And Shiina walked away without so much as a 'see you soon,' 'good bye,' or even a 'go fuck yourself.' To her, they weren't worth any of that. Akio and Maaya sighed almost in unison. "Thank you... My lord... I..." Maaya was going to say something like 'I would like to know if you meant what you said though.' But no, Maaya wanted to think that he meant those things. At least until they were gone. "Sorry about that. Mother can be... so..."

Akio waved it off, and Maaya nodded. Then she turned sharply to her sister. "Oh. Something mother said... is... is true?" Akio leaned in to whisper to J and Maaya. "One month." Maaya's eyes widened. "Really?! Wow... Congratulations." Akio's face turned red, and she pulled away. "Thanks, sis. Next up is you, huh?" Akio spoke in reference to carrying a child. Maaya caught on immediately, but didn't say anything. Instead... she just looked up to J, a bit confused...

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:26 am

No, Maaya wasn't perfect. She did somethings wrong. She was a little clumsy and forgetful, but that didn't matter. Maaya was her own woman. She did not have to tell J every move she was making, which is why he was not upset, only worried, the night she came back with Yurina. If a vase was broken? Replace it! J didn't toss in million dollar pieces of artwork. If it looked nice and he, his mother, and Kazuo was okay with it, he'd put it up. He didn't care if it was five bucks or a thousand. And unless something held strong memories with him, which random pieces of artwork did not, he did not care if they shattered along the floor. That is why he has maids that he pays to clean up the mess.

"That is her decision and she can choose whether to voice it or not. Confirmation from anyone but Maaya means nothing." J said with intent to insult Shiina. J's opinion of this woman and her husband had fallen so low as of recently that J could not care less about this woman's word. She was a disgrace and unworthy of the noble title. And when Shiina said she'd be reconsidering certain decisions, J's eyes actually widened. It wasn't in shock, but in anger. There was the strongest "How fucking dare you" shining like a dagger ready to stab through this woman's heart. He then stepped between her and Maaya, closer to Shiina and looking threateningly down at Shiina with no hesitation.

"I warn you now, Shiina Ishino." he said in a low whisper to keep Maaya from hearing this, "Another one of your stunts, like with your worthless employee Heihachirou... I will make sure your family falls. The children you love and the one you foolishly neglect for whatever idiotic reason you have chosen... will watch you and your name degrade into nothing. Your life will be over and your rule within the Seireitei will be no more. I've already informed the correct people of your... activities and have been given permission to strike with as much force as possible if there is a moment you take a single step out of line. Understand, you treacherous viper, you will regret any action you take against us."

"Now... Leave... my... sight..." J took a step back to return to Maaya's side, but not once did he break eye contact with Shiina. A moment later, she decided to take her leave and J calmed down, hoping he got that point across. He heard Maaya and her sister sigh and looked back to them both. Following an urge that suddenly came up, J pulled Maaya in close and wrapped his arms around her, placing her head in his chest as he held her. His embrace was firm and protective, but she could probably hear his heart racing. He was just that pissed off. "Lady Akio... Please do not apologize. Tonight is your night to be happy and I apologize that you had to witness such on your wedding day."

J actually bent to a half bow in respect toward Akio. "But I will say this, no matter what happens in the future..." he said with a foreboding tone, "I will aid any sibling that has not treated Maaya in the manner I know for a fact that her Mother and Father have treated her.... Medical help, financial help, advice, a place to stay... If you need it and don't feel comfortable asking for it from the Ishino, do not hesitate to ask the Saionji. You and your husband are always welcome." One hundred percent true, but J wasn't doing that for Akio's sake. That was for Maaya. With what may occur over time with the Ishino, Maaya needed the family that cared for her to not be tossed out or ruined like the rest.

Maaya then brought something to J's attention about what Shiina had said. When Akio confirmed it, J just blinked. So she actually was pregnant? Interesting. The first thing that came to J's mind was "Am I going to be an uncle?", but he mentally smacked himself when he realized that's not exactly how it works. Maaya and him had to be married for that to be a thing. Either way, J nodded, "Congratulations." And then Akio said that Maaya was next. When Maaya looked to J confused, he didn't know whether he even understood. A moment later, it clicked and there was a moment of wide-eyed shock that shined in his eyes. He looked down to Maaya again and stone-faced for a couple of seconds.

"Well... Um..." He actually stumbled over his words for a moment and then cleared his throat, "You've read one-hundred-and-seventy-three books on motherhood, so I assume becoming a Mother is part of your lifetime goals. If there comes a time that we are at that point in our relationship, then a child is to be expected. I will need an heir and it's not often you find the perfect woman to create one with. I am quite blessed in that aspect... So yes, if there are no conceptions between then and now... And Maaya and I have chosen to get married, then she will be the next Ishino to have a child." Sometimes J was a little too logical. Yurina would laugh at that drawn out explanation. Someone showed a shy side...

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:10 am

Shiina's gaze grew hard, and almost matched J in sheer intensity. But there was something lacking in Shiina's eyes that weakened her attempt to intimidate J. Shiina didn't have something else backing her up. J had Maaya, the Gotei, the Saionji, and Kazuo. Shiina had her husband, her children, and the rest of the Ishino. That counted for three. But J had one more on her, and it seemed that it gave him the ferocious edge he needed over the witch. "You would be wise not to threaten me in my own house. In here, there are doors that lead to places that simply do not exist. Care not to be caught behind them."

And after that, Shiina took her leave. Maaya did hear J's heart beat. She wished he could hear hers as well. They were both beating fast, although for different reasons. Maaya slid a hand to his heart and kept it there. It was like calming a scared dog down. She nestled into J's chest and got comfortable, and it was all Akio could do from commenting on how adorable those two were. Instead, she made a comment about how they were going to be having kids next, obviously. After it had started to calm down, it began to race again. Maaya did not expect that. Was... he thinking of that too? It's not like the thought was completely absent from Maaya's mind, but it definitely wasn't a constant thought.

"One-hundred-and-eighty now..." Maaya sheepishly interrupted to correct him. She had read a few more books in her stay at J's manor. It was only natural she'd continue. J's words were imprecise. There was a bit of dodging around, but Maaya didn't catch it. Maaya was just wondering what his thoughts on it would be. And then he said the biggest compliment Maaya had ever heard. Maaya wasn't just called a perfect woman right there. Maaya was called a perfect mother. And she equated mother with wife. And with her dream of being a mother and wife... Maaya's eyes went wide with sheer shock. Her face went as red as Texas. She had other thoughts too, like what else he was blessed with, but most of all, Maaya was just... proud of herself.

Maaya gripped onto J's shirt and shyly smiled at him. "I hope I am next too..." Maaya thought out loud, barely enough for J to hear. "You two... You are what a husband and wife should be like. Just one request... Please don't name your kid after me. I don't want another kid in this world to be cursed with the name 'Akio.'" Maaya blinked and giggled. "I don't think that'll be a problem."

The rest of the reception went fine. Shiina and Nobutada were seen together mostly, although there seemed to be an argument between them that lasted only a few seconds. J got to meet the rest of Maaya's siblings, save for Kumiyo (the eldest daughter and second child) who was away on 'family business.' Eisuke was Maaya's youngest older brother, and one of the few that liked her. Miyako and Shunsuke were the 3rd child and 4th child respectively, and neither did like her. The rest were rather neutral towards her, but they didn't dislike her. But what meant the most to Maaya was introducing J to the head chef, who was someone Maaya had spent time with and considered a friend.

Maaya was one of the first to leave. Not because she felt J's irritation at being there. Not because she didn't want to be there. Not because she really wanted to get out of those shoes. No, Maaya wanted to get J alone. And that wasn't going to happen at the Ishino manor. Instead... Maaya took J back to the Saionji manor. There, she asked if they could go to one of the private sitting rooms that looked over the garden. It was late at night, and it was only the two of them out at the garden at this hour. Maaya was nervous, and it was impossible to hide it at this point.

She swallowed, and looked to her lord. "My Lord... I... would... like to talk to you... about something." Maaya was almost having trouble breathing at this point she was so nervous. "I... know... I may not be perfect... and that... I may not... be your complete ideal... but I... would like to ask... if..." Maaya inhaled. She had to ask him now. She had to. "If... if the fact... that I am scarred... makes me undesirable..." Maaya's eyes were worried, and downright sad. She had to know the answer to this. Depending on his answer...

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:47 am

When it came to the wicked witch of the Seireitei, that scene was done. J had let it be known that he was aware of certain things Shiina had done. She now understood he had the upper hand. Next time, maybe she should hire someone that didn't easily spill every detail of his mission, including his damn employer. Though, Shiina was a stubborn one. She was self-centered, uncaring, cold, and a determined individual. There was a part of J that wondered whether he threw water... or oil... onto the burning flame that threatened to tear down the thread between the Noble Families. This situation was going to get interesting. When the subject on the books came up and Maaya correctly, J didn't even flinch. "Noted." he said and then continued speaking with the modified number.

He felt Maaya grip his shirt tighter and pat the top of her head as she said something. It took a minute, but the words registered in his mind and a few things began clicking for him. He knew he was protective over her, but up until now his mind told him it was just that she was in his home, slept in his bed, and he was responsible for her. Right now, that wasn't it. He actually cared for this woman, which was why he was going to such lengths to protect her and make sure everyone knew he was. And today, he acted in a manner that had every ability to backfire, but did not. If things had gone wrong, he could have really messed up the Saionji reputation. He was just lucky that Shiina didn't do anything to aid herself. Instead, J assumed that she realized how many cards he held and got scared. She may not have acted like that, but something told J that he should watch his and Maaya's back closely.

J really had no reply when it came to naming a child. If Maaya didn't want to name it Akio, then they woul-... Wait... J had to clear his train of thought. The two of them hadn't even been confirmed as a couple. Speaking about marraige and kis when you haven't even gotten that far is foolish. He had no problem putting on a show to protect Maaya; She was worth it. The rest of the night he acted the same way. To all of her siblings, he made sure they understood that she wasn't coming back here unless she actually wanted to. He would keep her around. And when he met the head chef, J was surprised this was someone Maaya really wanted him to meet. Apparently they were close, which caused J to give the man a certain offer. He received a "My contract is up in two months", so he tried to sweeten the deal. The answer was repeated and J understood what that meant, nodded, and left with Maaya.

Finally the party was over and they were home! J could not wait until he got out of these damn clothes! He did not rush, but he was loving the idea of his room right now. Before they got there, Maaya asked to speak with him and he went along with her to a sitting room to talk. There was something off. Maaya was bothered and he could tell. "What's wrong?" he asked calmly once they arrived. She mentioned the scar. That damn scar. When she stopped speaking, J sat down and stared out over the garden. He didn't answer for a while. He didn't know how to do that. Thoughts were whirling around in his head on how he should answer this. He did not want to do anything that would hurt her.

"It angers me..." he said as his hand clenched the chairs armrest tightly, "Scars do not make someone, especially you, undesirable. They are reminders of the troubles we've faced and overcome. You went through a horrifying and dangerous experience. You fought off an adjuchas at a lower power level than most. You protected two of your friends and survived a devastating blow. You've proven that you're getting stronger with every day goes by... but..." He hesitated for a moment. This was the first time he was going to be open with her in this way, "It reminds me that I wasn't there. I should be able to protect you... I need to be able to protect you. Mistakes like this... where you were hurt that badly... They should not happen!" J stood up and punched a near by wall, causing it to crack. He looked out to the garden and crossed his arms, keeping his back to her. "I should have been there."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:11 am

A Good Year for the Roses [CLOSED] Header6

Silence.
    That is what Maaya got in response to her question. It worried her, and all she wanted to do was retract the question now. Maaya's will was shattering with every passing second. But she was holding on. She would not break until she had her answer. The night was a cool one, even for the end of June. Maaya was glad she stayed in her longer formal clothes, else she might have gotten cold. But right now, Maaya's heartbeat was keeping her warm. She was worried about his answer.

But she should not have been. When J spoke... it was irritation. And every word matched what Yurina had said. Maaya's hands lay crossed in her lap as J spoke, sitting idly by. The rest of her body did as well. But her eyes didn't. Maaya's eyes widened as he spoke. He wished to be there. When he raised his voice initially, it didn't faze her. But when he did it the second time—Maaya flinched. He was scary when he was angry, and most of all, he was terrifying when he was angry at himself. But... it was also sad. The moment J punched the wall, Maaya shot up. He didn't get to cross his arms, as Maaya held onto the hand he used to attack.

And then she kissed his knuckles. She didn't care if it was improper. She didn't care that she didn't have permission to do that. She was doing what Yurina told her to do. Not to look at him like just a king, but her king. "My Lord..." Maaya's voice was shaky, but her face was warm. "When I fought that adjuchas... you were with me. You may not have been there with your sword drawn, but you were there with me. I remember clearly... the thought that I must not only be able to protect Naomi and Natsume, but... that I must be able to protect you. It is silly, considering the difference in strength between us..." Maaya giggled a little.

"But My Lord, I can still want to do that. The want to not disappoint you, to protect you, and most of all, to return to your side... That want... That is what kept me alive." Maaya held onto J's hand tightly, not letting it go. "Even if you may not be standing by my side..." Maaya pulled J's hand onto her chest—where he was getting a bit of a feel for the top of her breasts, but that wasn't the main feature. "You're in here." J was in Maaya's heart. That is what she was telling him.

"My Lord..." Maaya's face turned red, and she did not release his hand. "Earlier..." Maaya inhaled. Her heart was racing, and her grip was shaky. She was even sweating a little. "You... told... my... m-mother... that a certain de-decision... i-it wouldn't just be up to you..." Maaya swallowed again. Her eyes were trying to focus on J, but her it was all she could do to breathe. "T-that... if I were... to... to.. to... c-choose you... th-that... I would say it..." Maaya inhaled once again. She took a moment to catch her breath. "I... ch-choose you, Lord Saionji..." And with that, Maaya buried her head in J's shirt, afraid to look at his face.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:35 am

When J went to cross his arms and suddenly wasn't able to, he looked down to Maaya. Though it wasn't shown, he was surprised. She had never acted so boldly. Feeling her soft lips on his hard hand, he couldn't help but just stare at her. The entire time she spoke, he just stared. His eyes focused on hers, but with a softness that even he didn't realize was there. He listened to that nervous voice speak and could only think about how cute this woman was. She explained that night with the adjuchas in a way that he was not expecting. "She wants... to protect me?" he thought, a little confused on the meaning behind that. He definitely had strength and skill on her, so maybe she meant that in a different way? Was there some other form of protection he needed? J did not understand, but it warmed his heart either way. And then she placed his hand over her chest. He could feel her heart beat.

"Yes..." he said in a low tone. He was hiding his own nervousness by not fully letting his voice be heard. She did not release his hand, which made him a little more nervous. This was a feeling he really was not used to at all. She began stuttering again. It was so cute when she did that, though he did wish she wasn't so scared of him. He didn't understand the feelings behind being nervous to talk to someone or worried about their response, so her stuttering made him feel like he was scaring her and he didn't like that. It's one of the reasons why he was so concentrated on protecting her. If she knew he wasn't going to hurt her, then she wouldn't be scared. And when she said those final words, J's eyes widened. He stared directly at her, but she buried her face into his shirt. J had been taken off guard, so to keep his balance, he did take half a step back and quickly wrapped his arms around her.

"She... chooses me..." J thought. Originally, the thought didn't matter much to him, but when he heard those words, something felt different. There was much more meaning behind them than when a woman would be tossed at him to see if they were worth his time. Was it love? Did Maaya actually feel love for him? Part of him wanted to know, he wanted to ask. He had never heard those words from someone who meant them in the way his Mother meant toward his Father, and that is what J wanted. Even Yurina and Ryuzo had a love that J admired. Seeing those couples were a big reason as to why he was so damn picky. It really was possible for someone to find that type of love. "Maaya..." J finally spoke up and reached down to lift her chin until she looked at him. And for the first time, J leaned over and placed a quick kiss on Maaya's lips before giving a soft smile, "I choose you too."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:55 am