Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Rekindling [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Rekindling [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Rekindling [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Rekindling [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Rekindling [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Rekindling [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Rekindling [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Rekindling [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Rekindling [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Rekindling [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Rekindling [Closed] Empty Rekindling [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:54 am

"You can do this. You can do this." Tsubine von Zarkonheinz stood opposite of the most terrifying foe he had faced so far. Large and imposing, it stood in his way. The way its skin once dripped with red, sticky liquid was unsettling. Years of standing against the elements had worn it down to something almost grotesque and destroyed. And yet it stood there, firm as a stone wall, unmoving. Tsubine could not make eye contact with it. It was simply too... inanimate.

The door to Lilith's apartment was only a few feet away from him. But Tsubine couldn't just walk up and approach her. "Hey, what's up? Sorry about basically avoiding you for the past year. Why don't we just forget about it and go and have a drink? didn't sound so good. For once, he had to be careful. As the former Lieutenant of the 11th, "careful" was one of his least-used words. "Why the fuck is this so hard?!" Tsubine paced back and forth, muttering to himself. He was tempted to rip out his own hair at this point. But the longer he stood, the more chance he had of being seen. And the Captain-Commander meeting with a female Captain this late at night was bound to spark rumors.

Tsubine shook his head and sighed. He knocked on the door with his middle knuckle. It created a more shallow knock. As the first one didn't rouse any attention, he knocked again. Tsubine did not knock a third time. When Lilith finally opened the door, Tsubine waved at her slightly. "Uh... hey. I was wondering... if I might come in? I'd like to, yanno, talk."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Rekindling [Closed] Empty Re: Rekindling [Closed]

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Rekindling [Closed] Header16_zpsdlap2iy9

The sun had gone down hours prior and Lilith lay along her couch with a book in her hands. She had a lamp over her shoulder to light up her reading area while everywhere else was dark. This included her bedroom, where she allowed Kei and Yua to sleep with one another, on the condition that they would do nothing risque. Lilith made sure to tell Kei that in private one day, though figured Kei wouldn't in the first place. Anyways, Lilith did not feel him approach and for a while she did not feel him out her door. However, he stood there pacing for so damn long, it was hard to ignore the lingering layer of reiatsu that slowly crept its way into her apartment. If he had just left or knocked, this would have been more of a surprise. Instead, he stayed out there for reasons that Lilith just could not fathom.

"He knows I can sense him now, right?" she asked herself and closed her book. She sighed and then stared at the door, wondering if that knock would ever come. Finally, she gave up and began walking toward the door, but Tsubine apparently decided to drop that large sack between his legs and collected some courage. The knock came and Lilith counted to five before she answered it. When she opened the door, she was dressed in a white tank top and black shorts that she had planned to fall asleep in. "Can I help you, Commander?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. He asked to come in and Lilith glanced back into her apartment. Tsubine didn't know Kei was staying here yet. Lilith grabbed her haori and wrapped it around herself before stepping out into the cool air. "No, but we can talk out here."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Tsubine had seen Lilith in that very outfit before. It wasn't something super risque or revealing to him anymore. It was just her relaxing clothes. Hell, she had seen him shirtless on occasion. There honestly wasn't that much they hadn't seen of one another. He was glad he didn't have to continue waiting out there. He looked relieved that she actually came to the door. Tsubine asked if they could talk. She seemed to hesitate, and that made Tsubine's heart skip a beat. As did her answer. Thankfully, she continued as she grabbed her Haori.

Tsubine adjusted his own haori. It was weird, the two of them being Captains. No, that wasn't the weird thing. Tsubine was still not used to being in charge of Lilith. For almost as long as he was the Captain-Commander, he had been her Lieutenant. That just wasn't something he got over quickly. "I didn't get to say it the other day, but you're looking well." Tsubine sort-of tried to break the ice. It... didn't seem to work. After her reply, there was a bit of an odd silence. "So... how have things been?"
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:52 pm

The only thing these two hadn't seen of each other was what was between their legs, on their backside, and what was under Lilith's shirt. That was about it. Neither of them were shy in front of each other anymore, as if Lilith had ever been, so she didn't care what she was wearing. She had only grabbed the haori to keep herself warm. It was a cool night as the seasons shifted. Once the door was closed behind her, she walked over to the wooden railing that made up her balcony and looked over the Seireitei. "I'm doing as well as I can be." Lilith replied with a cold tone, sighed, and raised an eyebrow at him. "I take it Captain Hayashi explained what happened? That's why you're here, right?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Tsubine missed how he and Lilith were as Lieutenant and Captain. They were close, and he could trust every one of her orders. He still trusted her like then, but they were nowhere near as close as they were. Especially over the past year. Besides meetings, they hadn't seen one another. Tsubine felt too responsible for causing the death of the man Lilith loved. He couldn't face her unless he had to. And that was one thing Tsubine could do which made him capable of being Captain-Commander. He had to put his personal regrets and angst to the side from time-to-time. However, Tsubine had learned quickly that he didn't have the friendship with anyone else to completely avoid Lilith. She was the person he could be more free with than anyone else. And now? Even that was gone. Tsubine raised an eyebrow, looking very confused. "Only thing Midori has told me is that 'it's about damn time for my annual physical' and that I have been 'putting it off for too damn long.' And I assume you're not here to do her reminding. So no, she has not. ...Are you okay, Lilith?" Tsubine looked concerned, wondering if it was about her... If someone hurt Lilith, they were going to pay.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:09 pm

So Midori had told him nothing? Lilith's face soured. "You too, huh? That woman needs to understand that I don't like anyone looking up a hole on my own body that even I can't see." Lilith shuddered at the thought. She hated physical exams, but Midori was hella determined about making sure she got one. Her appointment had already been made, along with extra threats if she did not show up for it. Midori knew exactly what to say to make sure every Captain and Lieutenant was going to make their appointment come hell or high water. Lilith had pushed off his question with a bit of humor, but her face soured. She wasn't going to be able to hold that off for too much longer. "With me? Yeah, but..."

Lilith looked up over the Seireitei again and then back to him. "Something happened to Kei... Uhm, Lieutenant Makabe." Lilith turned around to face her door, her eyes lowered to the floor and narrowed in anger. "Lieutenant Hidan of the Seventh attacked her. He quite violently and brutally beat and raped her. I found her Zanpakutō lying on the ground when I left the meeting with you and Captain K. I tracked her into the sewers and by the time I got there..." Lilith brought her hand up to her face and covered her eyes. Her jaw was clenched tightly from the anger, shame, and  guilt. "I should have walked her home. I knew she hated the dark, but I was distracted and... I'm going to fucking kill him."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:20 pm

Tsubine's eyes widened as Lilith told the story. He looked at Lilith with disbelief. Something like that actually happened? Bullshit. It couldn't have. It honestly could not have. That's what he thought anyways. Tsubine crossed his arms as she continued. This was beyond outrageous. He drew his mouth into a thin line and uncrossed his arms. Tsubine patted Lilith on the back in a reassuring way. It was the same way a friend who had no other idea how to comfort someone did it. "Lilith, you can't do that. As much as I know you want to, and damn do I know you want to, you can't just kill him." Tsubine spoke pleadingly to Lilith. "...I'd normally get the Seventh involved in their arrest, but that's not going to work. I'll get the Second on it. And I'll give them... special orders."

"But he's going to need to go on trial if things go well. If not, there's chance we might have the wrong person." Tsubine felt the glare. "Not saying Lieutenant Makabe is wrong, but mimics do exist. Zanpakutō like that are rare, and we can check in on their owners..." Tsubine sighed. "She is one of the ones you're really close to, right? It's her and... the Captain of the 10th, right? Keep an eye out on him too then. There might be more at play than just someone..." Tsubine tried to say the word, but he couldn't get it out. It hung in his throat and Lilith could tell. "Someone attacking Lieutenant Makabe. It might be someone attacking the 10th specifically..." Tsubine then turned to Lilith, and he looked her dead on. "Lilith, look at me." If she didn't, he repeated it with more authority. "It wasn't your fault." How he wished he could take his own advice right now.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Rekindling [Closed] Header2_zpsrcz1p34x

"I can. Who exactly is going to stop me?" Lilith turned to Tsubine with her eyes darkened into a threat that not many have seen. She wasn't threatening anyone in particular, but if she wanted to go on a rampage and slaughter the man that harmed her little girl, there wasn't a single person in this world or the next who had the ability to stop her. However, she knew what he meant and the darkness faded from her eyes. Lilith listened in silence to Tsubine's plan and he did indeed get a glare when he implied Kei might have been wrong. Kei had spoken with complete honesty. There was no lie, confusion, and wariness in her tone. For Tsubine to even suggest that Kei would have been mislead was angering.

Lilith held her tongue for both their sakes, and because Kei and Yua were both asleep. She had a habit of getting loud when she was angry and waking those two up were not part of her plan. Lilith nodded to confirm Tsubine's question about the two she was close to. "I've already informed Gen." she nodded and then turned back out toward the Seireitei, holding her haori tightly around her. She took note of the pause and was glad he didn't use the word. Each time she heard it, it made her feel worse and worse. And then he told her to look at him. The guilt in her eyes must have been strong because he knew what she was thinking. Lilith sighed. "You aren't the only one who has said that... I don't know how else to feel. She's like my daughter. I am supposed to protect her, and I didn't."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Tsubine knew the only person capable of stopping Lilith was him. And frankly, he wouldn't want to stop her. He just let it slide. She was smarter than that. The two of them were talking, and that was good. Despite the dark subject matter, they were talking. It was almost like old times, but the tension still rested between them. When Lilith looked at him, Tsubine knew. He just knew. Lilith was the same old woman she always was. "Lilith, are you breastfeeding her?" Tsubine asked with a straight face. If Lilith pressed about the question, he'd say it was a simple yes or no question. Once he got his answer, he continued. "Can she walk on her own? Can she talk on her own?" Again, yes or no. "Then she's a grown woman, Lilith. You're still a mother to her, but that doesn't mean you're going to be guarding her every move, watching over her shoulder. What someone like her needs is someone to be there for her. If something fucks up, you just need to be there for her and help her fix it."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:22 pm

"Excuse me?" Lilith raised an irritated eyebrow at him. That question seemed highly condescending. "Obviously not." Lilith's eyes narrowed as he continued on. She didn't answer the rest of his questions because he knew the answer to them. He went on with his explanation to make her feel better, but it didn't work. Lilith sighed. "Except it isn't something that I can fix, nor is it something she can. Time Kidō is illegal and I can't kill Hidan. It's just something that should never have happened and she's gonna have to get through it somehow. How does someone get through something like that?" Lilith ran her hands through her hair and stopped them at her neck, "You didn't see her, Tsubine. It isn't an image I can even describe. We are all supposed to be these powerful people who can do unimaginable things.. except protect those weaker than us from something as dark and human as rape..."

Lilith turned to fully face him for the first time. "I know I'm going to have to get over it, okay?" she assured him, "I'm not stupid, and I know I can't protect her from everything, but this? This is too much. What if he's doing it to someone else, Tsubine? He was powerful enough to grab Kei. What if Midori is next? I doubt it, but what if? What if it's Kaminari? Keiko? Jillian? Reina? Haruka? Sakuya?" Lilith went quiet for a moment. She hated this conversation. It could be happening to someone else right as they spoke, but there was nothing they could do about it. "Let's get off of that..." Lilith crossed her arms and raised a curious eyebrow at him, "So why exactly were you pacing outside my front door?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Tsubine tried. It didn't work, but he tried. To him, that's not what mattered. He wanted to succeed. He wanted to make Lilith feel better. Tsubine didn't like Lilith when she was beating herself up. It wasn't... her. It was her, but it wasn't the her that Tsubine liked. Tsubine wanted to see Lilith when she was happy. But he'd be there when she was sad too. Or at least, he would have been there. Now, he wasn't sure where he stood in her life. Tsubine thought about the people Lilith named. His mouth twisted into more of a scowl. He shifted uncomfortably, thinking about what the Gotei's next move should be.

Thankfully, Lilith brought him out of his thinking. "Huh? Oh... That... Yeah... That..." Tsubine turned towards the Seireitei. There was a hint of pink on his cheeks. He inhaled deeply. "Lilith, I... I'm sorry. For the past... hell, it doesn't feel like it's been a year, but it almost has. But for the past year, we've gotten distant. And I'm sorry that I was distant towards you... Just..." Tsubine thought of trying to explain it. But he couldn't. He wasn't brave enough for that yet. "I want to get back to being a friend, Lilith. Even though now you've got a few... special responsibilities for the time being... I would like to start doing what we used to do again. I'd like to go with a bar with you. I'd like to do more of," Tsubine motioned between the two of them, "this. I don't want to lose my best friend, and... yeah, I was starting to feel like I might."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:44 pm

Rekindling [Closed] Header18_zpsre3kikdj

Pink. Lilith raised an eyebrow at the change of color in his cheeks. What the living hell? He better have been drunk or high. Or maybe he just imagined some random chicks naked bust in front of his face. Who knows? But what? Since when does Tsubine blush!? The moment he spoke up, Lilith turned away from him. So that is what this was about? "Mm." She stayed silent as he talked. She glanced over momentarily as he motioned between the two of them, but then looked away again. She had been so mad at him when Kenshin died that their friendship had been greatly damaged. She avoided him as much as he avoided her. It was a sad realization, and Lilith knew she couldn't stay angry with him.

"Oh, how cute." Lilith spoke up after probably ten seconds of silence. She looked at him with a smirk and a hand on her hip. "Did the big bad Tsubine miss me? That's what's going on here?" Lilith giggled and hurried up behind him, wrapping her arms around him and swinging him back and forth, cause she can do that. "You came all this way so late at night because you couldn't be away from me any longer? Just couldn't stand the idea of losing me, hm? Oh how sweet! Just oh so sweet of you!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Cute? Tsubine raised an eyebrow at that. He was manly, not cute. Far from cute. You can't call the Captain-Commander cute! Not unless the position was held by a tiny, pregnant ball of insecurity. But Tsubine was none of those things! He couldn't be cute. And yet she called him that. He was going to refute her, but before he could say anything, she was on his back, swinging him slightly. His face turned more pink. Tsubine squirmed to get out of her grip, but he honestly wasn't trying too hard. If he was, he would have been out of it. "Goddammit, Lilith." Tsubine then started to laugh. He smiled a good, wide smile. "You were always better at getting to the point than I was." Tsubine turned to her once she stopped. "Yeah, I did miss you. Everything's boring without you around. I mean... just imagine it. Paperwork for days with no one to complain about it to." Tsubine gave her a smirk. "But in all seriousness, I did miss being around you. Can't blame me either." Tsubine shrugged. "You're a fun person when you want to be."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:01 pm

Rekindling [Closed] Header18_zpsre3kikdj

Lilith didn't keep him in her grip for too long. "Yes. Why you can't just get to the point, I don't know." Lilith put him down and walked back in front of him, "I would say it's a man's thing, but I know quite a few women that do it too." Lilith raised a playful eyebrow at him. He was saying she was more entertaining than paperwork? Of course, who the hell wasn't? "Yeah..." Lilith was being stubborn. She wasn't going to admit to missing him, at least not yet. "I can't blame you for missing me. I am pretty cool and fun... aaand sexy, smart, strong, funny, and one hell of a conversationalist. And that's at all times." Lilith pressed lightly on his forehead, "Not just when I want to be. I'm fun when I'm kicking your ass too. I've also got the best fucking hair in the Gotei whether K and J like it or not."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:14 pm

Tsubine nodded heavily at her. Women did do it too. He hated the fact he couldn't just do it, but hated other people that didn't do it more. Tsubine nodded along with her, saying "Yeah" to everything she listed off. When she said sexy, there was a bit of hesitation followed by a bit more emphasis. He crossed his eyes focusing on her finger. Then, he raised an eyebrow and gave her a skeptical look. "Oh, kicking my ass? We haven't had a proper spar since I became Captain-Commander, yanno." Tsubine crossed his arms. "And considering the last one we had was a draw, I think it's safe to say things have changed." Tsubine was still smiling, enjoying every moment of this. "As for your hair... While it probably isn't as well-groomed as theirs... Your hair does at least stick in my head and catch my eye a hell of a lot more than theirs does. I guess it's like comparing one of those little show dogs like a poodle to a German shepard or something. I'd rather have the latter any day." Tsubine looked to Lilith with a bit of a nod. "So what about you? You miss me too?"
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Rekindling [Closed] Header17_zpsqlvvoizn

Lilith chuckled. So he thought she was sexy? Ha. "I knew it." Even Tsubine couldn't hide the fact that Lilith was hot as hell. She knew it, her Division knew it, and Tsubine now admitted to knowing it too. When Tsubine went on to calling their last match a draw, which it was, Lilith raised an eyebrow. "They've changed, hm?" Lilith's expression became a bit more serious in that moment. Tsubine just challenged her. "You know I don't take challenges with a grain of salt, Tsubine." Lilith stepped up close to him and crossed her arms, "You wanna do thi-..." Lilith was ready to fight it out right here and now, but Tsubine completely defused the atmosphere by changing the subject. Lilith blinked in surprised and then pouted with a light stomp of her foot. She wanted to fight and he just went and changed things!

"Wait, really?" Lilith was even more surprised by that. She grabbed onto her hair and a rubbed it against her cheeks. She had been joking, but Tsubine agreed in his own way. "Huh. I didn't think it actually was. Maybe the color?" Lilith looked from her hair and back to Tsubine with a rather cute and curious look in her eyes that was usually only caught on the "cutesy" type girls. When he nodded, she smiled and just played with her hair until Tsubine asked his question. She set her hands on the railing to the balcony and blinked at him as if it should have been obvious. "Well, of course I did, silly." she said and nodded, her face saddened, "I know things were hard after... Kenshin died. It just affected us more than it probably should have. I am sorry it took both of us this long to snap out of it."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:42 pm

Not here. Not now. Tsubine knew that look. He didn't entirely mean it as a challenge, but he'd never back down from Lilith. She was the best teacher and student he had ever had. Beyond that, she was perhaps the best friend as well. But on that front, there was one contender... Tsubine changed the subject as soon as he could. He was surprised by her reaction. "Yeah, really." Tsubine was surprised she needed confirmation too. She gave him a look that was... rare to say the least. Tsubine remembered something about Lilith, something he had forgotten. He thought that had been buried long ago, but now... now it was rekindled.

Kenshin's name shattered that though. Tsubine looked just as down as Lilith did, although for different reasons. "I... I am too. I think we did probably need some time apart after... after that. But I know I was too scared to actually come up and say what I said just now. I've tried multiple times, you know? It started with me grabbing my haori, then putting it right back on the hook. Then I'd get halfway there, and I'd turn around. This is where those rumors of me just wandering around aimlessly came from. I made it to the entrance of the barracks a few times too. But tonight was the first time I made it to your door. I'm just glad you were here. Otherwise, I'm not sure if I could've made the trip again, haha..." Tsubine gave her a sad chuckle.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Rekindling [Closed] Header5_zps4tikeiwq

With someone like Lilith, it's easy to forget that she is a woman. It wasn't like you forgot that she hard breasts or a vagina, but forgot that she too had the emotions normal women have. Her tough outward demeanor constantly outshined the soft feminine side of her that does need that confirmation. It's one of the reasons why she calls herself sexy. Even if they agree, there aren't many people in the Seireitei that have the guts to tell her. Sometimes a woman just needs to be told she's beautiful.

As Tsubine told the story of his year, Lilith was shocked that had had tried this so many times. Was she that unapproachable to him? Even if there was something bad between them, she figured he had more courage than that. He wasn't usually one to back down. Lilith reached out as he finished and set a hand on his shoulder. She gave a light smile and went to speak when three reiatsu suddenly reverberated through the air of the Seireitei. Lilith's arm dropped as she looked out over the Seireitei. "Shit."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Tsubine felt warm again when Lilith's hand touched his shoulder. She wasn't hard to approach. The subject that would inevitably come up was. He could not bring himself to talk about Kenshin. He couldn't bring himself to talk about the man she loved—the man he let die. That mission was a trap. Not from anyone in the Gotei, but that Arrancar bitch. And Tsubine knew if he had gone alone, he would have been killed in Kenshin's place. But Tsubine had always felt second to Kenshin in Lilith's eyes. For understandable reasons, of course. Lilith and Kenshin had already known one another before Tsubine ever even joined the Gotei. That didn't change the fact that he was, in fact, jealous of the man.

Tsubine didn't want to admit any of that to Lilith. He didn't want her to know that he had been jealous of Kenshin. He had buried his feelings, his crush, on her for that very reason. If it didn't exist, there was no need of it coming out. But what Tsubine hated most about himself right now, and something Lilith would never know about... there was that tiny, immeasurable part of him that was somewhat glad Kenshin was out of the picture. Tsubine perked up like a dog when he felt that Reiatsu. It was decently strong. He tried to remember it. "Lilith... I recognize two of those. The third, I don't. It's... a Shinigami, but I do not recognize it. It's coming from... the 7th or the 6th Division. I can't quite pinpoint which one... Lilith, do you recognize the third Reiatsu?" Lilith's door opened up, and Kei stood there. She was dressed in a nightrobe, her Zanpakutō in her hand. She had a shihakkusho draped over her robe, and she was in the process of tying it further. "Lilith, it's Yua. That's he—" Kei froze as the Captain-Commander turned around to face her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:17 am