Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Classy Spitfire [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Classy Spitfire [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Classy Spitfire [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Classy Spitfire [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Classy Spitfire [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Classy Spitfire [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Classy Spitfire [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Classy Spitfire [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Classy Spitfire [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Classy Spitfire [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Classy Spitfire [Closed] Empty Classy Spitfire [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:36 pm

It hadn't been two weeks since Sakura was released from the hospital. She had only stayed a single night for study to make sure there wasn't anything Midori missed. Like Midori would miss something. Even Ryuunosuke found that laughable. He didn't laugh though. He had stayed the night beside Sakura, and he found himself flipping through her medical chart. She was quite healthy, although overworked. But that wasn't what caught Ryuunosuke's eye. Her birthday was coming up.

It was early in the morning, and Sakura had already left for a morning warmup. She hadn't even been waiting for him. Surprising, as she might not have gotten a happy birthday. No matter. He had plans for this day. Ryuunosuke tugged on his shihakkushou and grabbed a large trunk on wheels. He had locked it and staved off questions with a nonchalant answer of 'It's some paperwork I'm looking through.' When Ryuunosuke arrived at the Ninth Division's training grounds, he was not surprised to see Sakura running around it. He gave a polite wave of both greeting and beckoning.

As she arrived, Ryuunosuke handed her a set of folded Shihakkushou. They weren't hers, but just a generic set around her size. "Hello, Sakura. I brought you some fresh clothes. Change and meet me here. We're not doing any training today, and I don't think you want to walk around in sweaty clothes." Ryuunosuke raised a finger to halt any questions. "There are things we must do, and we mustn't talk about it in the open. Everything will be fine."

Serenity
    Serenity

Classy Spitfire [Closed] Empty Re: Classy Spitfire [Closed]

Post by Serenity Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:13 am

Classy Spitfire [Closed] Header1_zpsntd6j5jv

There were some things in Sakura's life that she had completely forgotten about. She didn't remember much about her childhood, but that was because she didn't really have one. She didn't remember any friends that she had ever had before Ryuunosuke, but that is once again because she never really had any. There were a lot of things that Sakura didn't remember having. However, there was one thing she did have, but had also forgotten about it's existence. Sakura's birthday was coming up and she had absolutely no idea. It had never been important to anyone, even herself. It started off important, especially when she watched all the other kid's in school invite each other to birthday parties and leave her out of it. It wasn't hard to realize that the girl that had her parents hate her and hated herself was going to be hated by everyone. After her seventh birthday, Sakura stopped trying. It didn't matter.

And so she continued on with her current life without any idea what today was. She woke up, cooked breakfast, and made sure there was a nice warm plate ready for Ryuunosuke before heading off for her morning warm-up. She finished her stretches, did regular exercises, and then began to run. She rushed around the track as quickly as she could, putting 120% effort into her warm-up as if it were the main event. As she was coming around, she noticed Ryuunosuke coming in and returned his wave. She noticed the suitcase and was automatically confused, so she decided to stop her run next to him. "What's with the sui-..." Sakura was given her answer before she could really ask for it, "Well alright then. Good morning, Ryuunosuke." She giggled and was about to continue her run when he gave her a change of clothes. "No training? That isn't... Huh?" Sakura was very confused. This was not like him.

"Al-Alright then." she nodded and went on to change. She had already worked up a bit of a sweat, so she took a few extra minutes to shower and clean herself up. She was not going to walk around smelling like a dirt filled gym if they weren't training. After a quick shower, she made sure she was refreshed with the normal feminine products (deodorant and melon-esque perfume) and met Ryuunosuke where he wanted. Her hair was still wet and down from the usual pony tail. Once she got to him, she began putting her hair up. "I'm not in trouble am I? I have no idea what I even did. I'm sorry, though." Sakura was worried. She never expected Ryuunosuke to change a routine... never.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:32 am

Ryuunosuke waited patiently on Sakura. He wasn't going to rush her, not today. It was her day. Of course, if she took two hours, Ryuunosuke would begin to rush her. It was her day, but he had appointments. Important ones. Secret ones. Well, secret to Sakura. She couldn't know anything about what he was planning. If she did, well, that meant that this plan was shot to hell and back.

Ryuunosuke was still standing when she returned. He didn't comment on the nice scent her perfume had. It was melon-y, and he made a note. Some women liked getting perfume as a gift. Maybe next year? Yeah, that's a thought. Ryuunosuke shook his head in response to her apology. "No, you're not in trouble. So don't apologize. If you didn't do anything wrong, don't apologize. Now, follow me." And so, Ryuunosuke walked along towards nowhere in particular. Or at least that's what it seemed like.

The first few minutes of the walk were in the same characteristic silence that followed Ryuunosuke. Then, he spoke up first. "Sakura, how are you feeling? Are your scars aching?" It was out of genuine concern that he spoke up. He listened to her reply, and was glad to hear she was getting better. "And how has your solo training been coming along? How are you and your Zanpakutō communicating?" In the weeks following the awakening of her second Shikai form, Ryuunosuke had left her more to meditate and communicate with her Zanpakutō.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:43 am

"O-O-Oh. Okay then." Sakura nodded shyly, her confusion for today's events already taking it's toll on her mind. She wasn't in trouble and he wasn't a liar, so she was clear there, but what was he wanting to do? No training? Maybe he was taking her out on a new mission he received. Did he want to test her? No, not this soon after the last one, right? Sakura followed him in the usual silence until he broke it. It wasn't with an order or anything like that either. It was a question about her well being. "Um..." Sakura stared in surprise at him and then shook her head, "No, no. No pain, which is good. I've heard some scars have a constant pain effect, so I got lucky there. It's just a scar, nothing more. Since I wanted to keep it, I'm thankful for that. Captain Hayashi really is a miracle worker."

Ryuunosuke's next question gave Sakura a moment to glare at the sword on her waist. This thing was a pain in the ass. Sakura sighed and shrugged lightly. "Nothing has really changed with him. He hates me and points out my worthlessness all the time." Sakura spoke nonchalantly. She was used to the insults and even spoke like she believed them. "Though, he hasn't taken away the second form, which surprised me. I thought he would have, but... he hasn't." Sakura smiled a bit at this realization and then smiled wider up at Ryuunosuke. "I think it was something you said or did, couldn't have been me. He really doesn't like me. He likes you though, says I'm lucky to have you, but I already knew that."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:06 am

Miracle worker? Ryuunosuke had heard of her talents. Midori could very well be a miracle worker. She had an ability only a few other Shinigami, let alone Captains, have had in the past. Or at least that's what her file had read. Sakura's Zanpakutō was turning out to be more of a hassle than he initially thought. Not good, but it seemed as though his last words to it had left an impression. "And I am fortunate as well to have a good student like you." Ryuunosuke had missed the social cue.

The rest of the trip was silent, but it was not a long trip. They made their way to a large building. It was unused by the... Honestly, Ryuunosuke had no idea what Division technically controlled this building. It had previously been used by the Fifth, but that had been long ago. Now maybe it was the Third? The Tenth? It didn't matter right now. No one was inside, and no one would come inside. When Ryuunosuke opened the door, he entered first. It was pitch black after the first few steps. "All right. You can come in. Don't worry, the lights will come on momentarily"

Ryuunosuke waited on her to step all the way in before pulling on a string and closing the door behind her. It was pure darkness. No light escaped from even under the door. Then, there was a tiny flicker of light. It was about waist high and danced. It was a tiny flame. With a clang, two more lights broke the darkness. One focused on Ryuunosuke and the other on a small table with two chairs. On top of the table sat a plain, white birthday cake. It had some flowery icing around the edge, but it was a basic cake. "Happy birthday." Ryuunosuke, illuminated only by the spotlight from above, seemed a little too ominous in his words—despite his genuine wish for her to have a good birthday.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:38 am

Sakura just smiled gratefully at him. His words were kind and she took them to heart, or at least tried to. The silence on the rest of the trip left Sakura's mind running wild about where they were going. They arrived at some building she had never been to before. He opened the door and she waited for her signal to enter. When he gave it, she slowly stepped in. The place was dark and when he closed the door it was darker. She couldn't really see anything beyond the light coming from under the door. "Uh.. Ryuunosuke. Wh-What is this place?" she asked with a little fear in her tone. She didn't move a muscle until she saw a small flicker and began inching her way toward it. She heard a loud clang and looked back toward Ryuunosuke. She tilted her head, wanting to tell him he looked like a killer in a thriller movie, but she decided to hold her tongue. And then those two words threw her off completely.

Sakura looked back to the table and saw the cake. The amount of emotion that ran through her in that short amount of time was unexplainable. Sakura stared at the cake for a few moments and then looked back to him. She looked confused, shaking her head like "how did you even know", but said nothing. She couldn't even remember the day, so was he even right? She looked at her hands and counted up a few numbers on her fingers to show that she had forgotten. Was today really that day? Yes, it was. "I..." a small noise was all it was. She couldn't speak. Her lips parted and came together over and over again. "I've never...." Sakura looked back to the cake and then to him again. She pointed at it. "It's mine?" she asked, her voice strained from the overwhelming emotion. She looked back to it and tears finally fell. She sat down and placed her hands on either side of the cake. "Th-Th-Thank you."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Ryuunosuke arched a concerned eyebrow. Was she okay? She was shaking, looking confused, and was mouthing sounds. Yet nothing came out. He didn't cause her to have a panic attack, did he? Oh no. Not good. He pulled on another rope, and the rest of the lights clunked on. The room was much smaller than it seemed. There were two empty stone doorframes leaning against a wall, along with boxes of old uniforms and other oddities. It was a long-forgotten storage room.

"Yes, it is..." Ryuunosuke could hardly believe what was going on. She was crying. Over a cake. He thought that her having a friend might cause her to have some emotion. Not the cake. It wasn't even a good cake. He just remembered a bakery he liked. Nothing else was really special about it. Hell, he didn't know how old she was. Instead, the one candle was in the shape of the Kanji of "nine" to represent her Division. That was about all the personalization he could do. "You're welcome..." Ryuunosuke then had to ask. "I must ask... why are you crying? Is it because you finally have a friend to spend your birthday with? Because you seem to be crying over the cake if that's the case."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:41 am

The sight of Sakura crying over a perfectly good cake was pitiful, even if the cake was a simple one. Some might have even assumed that it being so simple was why she was crying, but that wasn't the type of person Sakura was. Sakura brought her hands to her lap and stared at them. "No, Ryuunosuke. I'm crying because I forgot that it was my birthday," she said and then looked up to him with tear filled eyes, "I forgot it because I have never celebrated it. I've never had a party, or friends to tell me 'Happy Birthday', or any sort of present before. And I've definitely never had someone get me a cake. My Mom would laugh at me and tell me that she'd never waste money on me just because I was born. She never wanted me in the first place, so why would she? I gave up having a birthday years ago."

Sakura finally smiled then and looked at the cake, wiping her tears away. "This is amazing." she laughed through her sobbing. There was a bit of a glow about her, one that had probably never been there before. She kept smiling, laughing, and crying all at once. "I almost don't want to eat it, but I've never had one before, so I've kinda got myself a dilemma here." Sakura looked back to him and her insecurities quickly rushed forward again. The smile dropped and she glanced back to the cake and then to him again. "I-I-It really... is mine... right? No joke? I really have a birthday cake?" she asked him like a child who had been tricked about her birthday for her entire life. She wanted it to be real and was scared to death that someone was gonna pop out saying it was a joke and the cake was fake.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Ryuunosuke's jaw dropped in... what could best be described as shock. He had never—ever—met someone who had given up on having a birthday. Sure, some people got too old to celebrate. Sure, some people didn't want to celebrate. But not once had he heard someone say they never had one because they weren't wanted. Sakura was far more broken than Ryuunosuke realized, and this was becoming more apparent to him. "I... I'm sorry then. If I had known that you had never celebrated it, I would have gotten you a better cake. And asked some of the Shinigami I knew to attend."

Ryuunosuke was glad to see her smiling, but he was worried about her now. Just what else was she hiding? All Ryuunosuke wanted to do right now was make her feel better overall, but he also wished to go back in time and punch her mother. Repeatedly. That woman was far from being able to be called 'mom,' but it was what Sakura called her. He'd have to accept it albeit begrudgingly. "Yes, it is." Ryuunosuke was glad to point out that it wasn't a joke, and that it was hers. "Go on and eat it. It's better to eat it and enjoy it that way than to let it sit and stale. And if you don't eat it... I will. I refuse to let good food go to waste." Ryuunosuke motioned for her to sit at the table. "And since you never celebrated your birthday... you're supposed to blow out the candle and make a wish on it."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:07 pm

"What?" Sakura's eyes shifted up to him in surprise and then looked back to the cake with a smile. She giggled a little. "What could be better? It's wonderful." She spoke genuinely, but still questioned if it was actually hers. He confirmed it and all of her sadness went away. Sakura had never looked so happy. "Of course I'm going to eat it, but you have to eat it with me!" Sakura motioned for him to sit down as well and then cut them both a slice, sneakily giving him a larger one, though she figured he'd notice. He seemed to notice everything, even when her birthday was coming up! Sakura's smile was not dropping. She was too happy. She picked up her fork and took that first bite of her birthday cake. It was like the best thing she had ever eaten! Sakura savored each bite and after about fiv- No, when the cake was finished, she finally looked up to Ryuunosuke and smiled even wider. "It's delicious!!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:40 pm

A look of repulsion shot onto Ryuunosuke's face. He was honestly offended. "I can't believe you would think I would not eat any of this. Even if you had told me not to, I would have eaten some anyway." He calmed down, then sat across for her. He noticed that she gave him the larger slice, but he wasn't going to argue. Although it's customary that the birthday girl or boy gets the larger slice, he would not complain at all. He just wished she had asked him.

It was at this moment that Ryuunosuke's odd habits were noticable. Ryuunosuke cut up his cake like he was cutting a piece of steak off. It was carefully done, and each piece looked like a perfect square—except for the edge pieces. The strangest part was that he took his time in eating it. Ryuunosuke ate the cake like it was some gourmet dish with about four foreign words in its name. By the time she had finished most of the rest of the cake, Ryuunosuke had barely finished his first piece. "I'm glad you enjoy," Ryuunosuke looked at the remainder of the cake, "ed it. I'm really surprised you never celebrated it. Even if I'm not around, do that from now on. It'll at least make you feel better, and it could be a reason for people to socialize with you, get to know you, and for you to make new friends. Think you can do that?"
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:53 pm

That look of repulsion was like getting a solid strike to Sakura's relaxed stomach. There was no way to prepare for it. It just happened and it hurt. She felt like she had just spat in his face or something and a bit of that happy-high she had faded very quickly. Once he sat down, she gave him the larger piece. She had planned to from the beginning, but now it was kind of like a sorry. Her original mindset and the silence during the eating of her cake would have been her just enjoying it, but now it was the awkwardness she felt between them. When she finished her cake, a smile was growing again and that glow was returning. She didn't realize she had gobbled most of the cake down. She couldn't help it!

Sakura will be fat today. "I did enjoy it." Sakura exclaimed happily, but as he went on that smile faded. He wanted her to celebrate it, even if he's not around. "What's the point?" she asked with a brutal honesty that usually he was the one to express, "Sitting alone on this day isn't a celebration. It's no different than any other day if I'm not sharing it with someone. If no one else is around to agree that my birthday is important, than it's not. You already know I care a lot about what other people think, too much sometimes, and I am working on that... However, a birthday? There's no point if you're not there. Now, if I somehow make a friend and tell them when my birthday is and they want to celebrate it with me, then yes, I can do that. I just don't want to throw it in people's face. If they don't care, then they don't care." This was trauma that Sakura had learned to deal with because of her Mother. Sakura had asked each year about her own birthday and was rejected. No point if no one cares.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:13 pm

"That's..." Ryuunosuke thought of way to speak the fact that she was wrong. The words just weren't coming to him. He thought for a moment, then realized why. "That's correct. For the most part, that is correct. Sakura, something that I'll eventually help you with is making a friend. And sometimes, you have to shove it in a friend's face that you want them to care about something. If they're a good friend, they'll at least feign interest or try to care. If not, then you have an acquaintance. However, I am glad that you said you'll do it if you can make a friend or two. All-in-all, I want you to start doing things you were not able to do before. Whether that's have a friend or celebrate a birthday, it's something you should do, but only if it makes you happy."

"Now, as for why I brought you here, of all places, for your birthday." Ryuunosuke stood and walked over to the stone frames. "Sakura, this is one of the many forgotten warehouses the Gotei Thirteen has. However, it's one they should not have forgotten." Ryuunosuke placed his hand on it, and focused hard. Although he broke out in a sweat, the center of the frame began to glow. "These are spare Senkaimon. They're meant to act as a temporary replacement for the actual main ones if they are destroyed. They are unpowered, but enough raw energy put into them will cause them to activate. I can put in enough energy for about thirty-six hours' worth of activation. Meaning that we're going to the World of the Living." Ryuunosuke grabbed the trunk. "Are you ready for your birthday present, Sakura?"
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:09 am

The amount of joy that Sakura showed was incomparable to anything she had shown before. Even when it finally settled in her mind that she had the second form of her shikai she wasn't this happy. But then this conversation came up. Sakura had it in her mind that she wasn't going to get another friend if she was honest with herself. It was Ryuunosuke only and she was trying desperately to make sure it stayed that way. Of course, her view on friendship was highly skewed and desperation made that much worse. She said nothing else because she did not want to argue with him. She didn't want to say anything of the contrary, even if it's how she felt. When he stood, she followed his lead in confusion.

"Is this place special?" she asked and watched him. He activated a senkaimon and explained why. Then he went on to ask if she was ready for her birthday present. There was only one thing that came to her mind. Sakura looked at him, blinked, and tilted her head. "Another?" she asked quite innocently, not knowing it was possible to get two, or whether he didn't think the cake was a present. Maybe the cake was just tradition no matter what on birthdays? Sakura didn't know. She lightly nodded and followed Ryuunosuke. "So, where are we going?" she asked him as the two went through the senkaimon.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:29 pm

"I couldn't remember if you liked it hot or cold. So I took the safer of the options—hot." Ryuunosuke and Sakura stepped out into an alley. There was a bit of bustle nearby. The faint scent of salt, sand, and sunscreen wafted through with a breeze. It was around eighty degrees, and Ryuunosuke was not entirely happy about the temperature. He was more of a 'shorts and hoodie weather' guy. He bent down and opened the trunk. Inside were two gigai in plastic baggies. Well, disassembled gigai. "Portable gigai prototypes. R&D was throwing them out, and I took them. I've made sure to separate the parts, so you won't have a male arm or anything of that sort."

Ryuunosuke handed one of the bags to Sakura. Inside was a creepy disassembled mannequin in a vaguely female form. "It won't match perfectly, but it'll do." Ryuunosuke opened his up and began putting it together. The arms were attached via a peg slot that fit quite snugly. Once they were put together, it was hard to see the parts where it joined. Ryuunosuke handed her a set of clothes in a similar bag. They were not her size. "Put those on the gigai. When you go in, it'll change to your size and shapes." Ryuunosuke had already dressed his. He made sure to turn his back on Sakura, as to not invade her privacy while "she" "dressed."

Once that was all said and done, the two entered their gigai. They were stiff, but they worked. And as Ryuunosuke said, the gigai morphed to fit Ryuunosuke and Sakura's shapes. "And there we go." Ryuunosuke shoved the case behind a dumpster and nodded. "Now, let me welcome you. This is the city of Philipsburg in Saint Martin." The peach-colored beach extended along the city. Although there were no buildings higher than five or six stories, it wasn't a small city by any means. Though, that was mainly because the shallow cyan ocean took up most of it. There weren't many people there. Well, that's not entirely true. There were people, but they weren't the type of partygoers that places like Miami and Panama City would get. No, these were high-end 6-figure-salary people. And they were just as pretty as the scenery. "I assume you're going to want a swimsuit, right? Then let's go."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:21 pm

Sakura wouldn't have called this temperature hot, but she understood what he meant. The first scent she noticed was the salt heavy air and realized quickly they were near the beach. Sakura helped with assembling the gigai. She had never been in one before, so this was exciting to her. Once finished, she dressed it like told and then the two stepped into their respective gigai. Ryuunosuke was correct on how the gigai would form-fit her. As he went to shove the case away, Sakura found herself moving a little strangely. She wiggled her butt, but it was because she felt a bit of tightness at the waist. After that, she stretched the arms out by hugging herself and then leaned left and right. "Feels funny."

Sakura giggled and turned her attention back to Ryuunosuke as everything in the gigai eased up. The two took a short walk through the city near the beach just to get a nice look at everything. The first thing Sakura noticed was pretty water, then pretty people, and the smell of high-class in the air. She felt a little strange and wondered if she could even fit in around here. If she stuck to Ryuunosuke, she figured she could. He was high-class enough to handle these people! "Yes!" Sakura replied with a bit of a hop in her step, a huge smile gracing her lips. She enjoyed the feeling of the ocean breeze gently caressing her skin. The smell of the ocean was wonderful and relaxed her. "Alright then. Let's go."

After a short walk along a shopping strip, the two found one of many bathing suit shops on the street. Sakura took her time looking through them and were surprised to find some that were literally just string. She showed them to Ryuunosuke and whispered a few times, "Can you believe humans wear things like this? It covers so little... I know bathing suits naturally do that, but this is ridiculous." She searched a bit more and found one that she absolutely loved and hoped it would fit. She went and tried it on and luckily it did. She took it off and came out of the dressing room rather excited. "Found it. Found mine!" she said and intentionally held it where he could not see. "Don't look. Don't look!" And once the bathing suits were bought, Sakura headed outside of the store. "So, where to next?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:27 am

Ryuunosuke was not entirely surprised with how tiny the bathing suits were. He had seen worse. "There are some beaches where you don't have to have anything." Ryuunosuke was busy looking at swimming trunks. He seemed to be having trouble finding them in his size. He was a little lanky, but still. They should have had something. He didn't pay attention to Sakura while they were shopping. When she exclaimed she had found hers, he turned around after a small delay. She was hiding the bathing suit and was being quite sneaky about it. He raised an eyebrow, wondering if she had gone with one of those micro bikini things he had seen.

After Ryuunosuke had paid for the bathing suits, he began walking across the street. "The beach." Ryuunosuke changed first, as he didn't need to take as much time. His plain blue trunks came right above the knees, and he was a little miffed about the color. It'd do but only because it was the last pair in his size. Ryuunosuke had also bought a pair of large beach towels for the two of them. While he was renting a beach umbrella, Sakura had finished changing. "We'll set up around there," Ryuunosuke pointed to an empty spot of beach. It was a bit farther away from people than others might've liked. Ryuunosuke planted the umbrella over their towels and sat down on his. He put on a pair of sunglasses as he watched the waves beat against the shore.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:30 pm

Sakura was kind of shy, so changing in a beach changing room wasn't fun. She wished she had kept her bikini under her clothes when they left the shop. When she finished changing, she met Ryuunosuke out near the rental area. She was wearing her shirt over the bathing suit. The excitement from before had faded once she was no longer hidden behind closed doors. She was okay with the spot chosen, currently preferring a lack of people near them. Sakura sat down with him and looked out over the ocean. She could hear the faint sounds of people down the way on the sand, but mostly just heard the waves crashing onto the shore. She had never been to the beach to just relax. She liked it.

Sakura let the silence continue for a while. It was comfortable just sitting here without a word between them. It wouldn't stay like that for long since Sakura liked talking, at least to him. She turned to Ryuunosuke and lightly poked his shoulder. "Do you think there are sharks out there?" she asked. She wanted to swim in the ocean, but was nervous. She didn't want to go alone, didn't know what was out there, and did not want to leave him here. She had this sinking feeling that he was not going to join her. "Do you think you will swim?" she gave into her curiosity and asked him, praying he'd say yes.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:08 am

Ryuunosuke truly enjoyed the way the water looked. The temperature wasn't exactly what he liked, but that was something he was getting over. While he and Sakura sat enjoying the sun and shade, Ryuunosuke was watching a single-mast sailboat in the distance. It was just casually gliding along the surface. From this distance, he couldn't see the white-capped disturbance of the water the boat caused. It was just smoothly skating across the ocean.

Sakura drew him out of his revelry. He turned to her, his eyes still masked by the sunglasses. "Hm?" Ryuunosuke thought about any of the shark attacks he'd read about while he was in the World of the Living before. He couldn't remember hearing about any around here. Most were Florida, California, or Australia, not the middle of the Carribean. "No, unless you go out very far." Ryuunosuke strongly advised against doing that.

Unfortunately, Sakura's sinking feeling was right on the money. "I don't think so, no." Ryuunosuke turned back to the ocean and watched the sailboat from before. It was about to disappear around the coast. Boo. It wasn't long before Ryuunosuke noticed that Sakura still hadn't gotten in the water after that question. "If you're wanting to go and enjoy the water, go and enjoy the water. I don't have to be there with you. I enjoy being on the beach more than I do in the water anyway. I'm not going to pack up and leave just because you're not here. Go and have fun. It's your birthday."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:29 am

This man was dense, seriously dense. There was no point in swimming alone. Sakura found very little point in anything fun if she was doing it alone. There were some things that can be done without someone accompanying you, such as listening to music, training, and masterbating! And even that last one was better if someone was there helping you out. She got the no she expected and just stared out at the water. She really did want to swim, but this wasn't a fucking pool. When Ryuunosuke told her to go into the water, she decided she might as well. She let out an involuntary sigh of disappointment, stood up, removed the shirt, and walked toward the water. Sakura was wearing a two piece bikini with a zig-zag multi-colored pattern that tied both around her neck and in the back. It was a simple but cute design and definitely something that Sakura would have picked out for herself.

Sakura put her feet in the water and was surprised by the cold water. It always took people time to get used to the change. She slowly went in until the water reached her waist and then stopped. She stared out to the water, thinking in her self-hating ways. A minute or two passed before she just lowered herself in the water and held onto a mostly buried rock so she wouldn't come back up. The water here was clear and quite beautiful. She kept her eyes closed for the sake of salt and held her breath for as long as she could, which was actually a pretty long time. At least thirty second passed and Sakura came up to take in a breath of air. Used to the water temperature, Sakura decided to go out a little farther and dove under to swim out. Once she got far enough, she came up and looked around.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:21 am

After the sailboat had finally disappeared, Ryuunosuke was left with nothing else to watch. Well, except for the most important thing to him today. Sakura's bikini was... something he didn't quite picture. However, he knew of nothing less fitting than what she wore. It was just... her. Ryuunosuke went back to watching the beach and ocean. But mostly, he watched Sakura in the water. It wasn't like Ryuunosuke didn't want to join her. He wanted to have fun with her, but the beach wasn't his favorite place. It was something Sakura liked though, and he'd deal with his discomfort. The majority of that discomfort came from where he was admiring her in. The water was not a comfortable place for Ryuunosuke. Of the many things this Shinigami and former Captain-Commander could do, something as simple as swimming was not among them. But he enjoyed seeing her relax in the water nonetheless.

It was quite a while later that Sakura seemed to have her fill of the ocean and came to the shore. He watched her walk, glistening and dripping in the sunlight. He nodded lightly to himself. Ryuunosuke didn't even realize he was doing it. He just enjoyed the view. Sakura stretched out beside Ryuunosuke on her back, and he couldn't help but look at her. She was, in a way, beautiful. She covered herself usually, and the only times he had seen her in anything more revealing was in a serious situation. Since they were relaxing, he felt no qualms about seeing what was underneath that shihakkushou. "Not a bad choice in swimwear." Ryuunosuke spoke with a hint of admiration. She had a nice body—toned well from training without the bulging muscles of the 11th Division. "It suits and fits you well."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:46 am

Sakura had her fill of the water. She came walking back onto shore after a decent time out and took a place on her towel next to Ryuunosuke. She said nothing and just laid there in the warmth of the sun. She was relaxed and rather content with how her day was going. His next words caught her off guard. Sakura's eyes shot open and she looked up to Ryuunosuke, putting a hand over her eyes to block the sun. She blinked surprised at him and the hint of red on her cheeks was obvious. She smiled lightly and sat up, curling her knees to her chest and laying her head sideways on them to face him. "Thank you." she said sweetly, "If you don't like the beach, why'd you choose this place? I mean, I know I do, but I'd rather go somewhere that we could both have fun and enjoy each other's company."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:56 am

Ryuunosuke's lips tightened into a fine line. He had to approach this one carefully. Not in fear of offending Sakura, but of letting too much out. "I think you're assuming too much. I do like the beach. I don't like the ocean." Ryuunosuke let that hang in the air before correcting himself. "Well, that's not entirely right either... I don't like being in the ocean." His voice was tight, like he was trying to think too hard on what to say. What he said was truthful, and that much was obvious, but he was being overly-cautious on his wording. "The beach is a great place to relax and enjoy the sun. I simply don't... want," the word 'want' was almost forced off of Ryuunosuke's tongue, "to get in the ocean. But I thought you would enjoy somewhere like this. I'm having fun just relaxing on the beach, if that's what you're worried about. I just don't like going into the water, that's all."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:07 am

Sakura may have been dense and a little air-headed at times, but she wasn't stupid. She knew Ryuunosuke well enough that his current behavior sent up a red flag. She listened to him attempt to explain himself and just tilted her head at him. Was he actually hiding something? She glanced out to the ocean and back to him, wondering what it could be. Once he he finished, she crawled over toward him on all fours. She stared curiously at him, getting closer than she normally would have. "I know you're not scared of it. You wouldn't fear something like water, that's just silly..." she spoke, but it was mostly to herself. She was trying to figure things out. "You already said there are no sharks here and the water is clear enough that other creatures really couldn't sneak up on you..." she looked out to the ocean again and then back to him, "Oh... Huh. Ryuunosuke... Do you not know how to swim?" For once, Sakura felt that she might have been able to deduce something about him, not the other way around.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:34 am

Ryuunosuke turned away from Sakura when she started catching on. He didn't answer her question at first. Instead, he stared upward. "Was it that obvious?" Ryuunosuke sighed, and sat up. "No, I do not know how to swim. It's not like there's an ocean or many large bodies of water in the Soul Society, at least where I was from. And unlike most of the more recent Shinigami, I wasn't born in the World of the Living. I don't have that ability ingrained into me. It's..." Ryuunosuke sighed again. "It's not something that's worth dealing with either. I don't have a want to learn to swim. I like looking at the water, and that's enough entertainment for me." It was an embarrassing fact, but he didn't want to fix it. He had no intentions of ever learning how to swim, and he was perfectly happy with it that way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 pm