Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] Empty Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:49 pm

It was the end of the last class of the day. 4 PM and the sun was shining and waning away. A hint of the pink-orange hue of sunset peaked into the sky. Kohaku Nakahara, the Lieutenant of the 13th Division, had finally finished his third and final lecture on law in the Seireitei. It was a more in-depth course than other professors'. He focused on the minutia of the law and what the limits were. He did not give exact details on how to, say, circumvent the law. He did give students the mind to think about how to. It was dangerous, but sometimes saving someone you care about is more important than law.
    "Well, that concludes my lecture on this." Kohaku's smiling face scanned the classroom. Only a few looked disappointed. A shame. I thought there might be more interested. "Remember there will be an exam on this come Monday. Don't forget to study your notes well. All of the answers will be there. Class dismissed."

To the front row was a particularly interested student. A young woman by the name of Kikyo Hamasaki had been staring a bit more intently at him throughout the duration of his class. To the back was a particularly uninterested student. It was Chizuru Asakawa, and she was once again asleep in class. It seemed no matter how many times she was scolded, she always went back to sleep. In fact, the more she was scolded, the more she slept. Once class ended, Kikyo stayed seated, which was unlike her, while Chizuru stayed seated, which was exactly like her. Before Chizuru could be woken up, Kikyo rushed up to Professor Nakahara and asked,
    "Professor. Can I talk to you... Well, ask you about something?" Kohaku waved bye to a few students as they did the same. He wished some to have a good weekend if they wished him well too. Kohaku was all about reciprocating what was given to him, but never being too forward about certain things. As Kikyo Hamasaki walked up to his desk, Kohaku turned with a smile. His smile, combined with his eyes, always seemed unnerving. "Hmm? Feel free to ask away."

Once he was looking at her, she blushed and became little more than a nervous school girl.
    "Well, I was... wondering... Would you want to, maybe, have dinner some time? Like a date?" Kohaku's face remained the same for a moment after her question. He was thinking without putting on his thinking face. Why? Because that face would make her think he was going to say no. "No, I'm afraid not. While you are an excellent student, Miss Hamasaki, I don't think you're my type." Kikyo was one of the popular girls in school. She had been asked out and turned boys down almost every day, so when she finally put herself out there and was rejected, she was shocked. In her mind, every guy wanted her. "Wait, what? I don't understand. Why not?"

Kohaku's eyes didn't move, but his eyebrows showed... something. It was almost like sympathy. On his face though, it could be construed as condescending.
    "I'm going to be blunt. You are a little too busty for me. I know younger, less mature men would like that, but I don't prefer them that big. Because I know it's not something you can easily change, I wouldn't want you to feel self-conscious about it." Kikyo's attitude flipped in a second. That fake innocence was replaced with offense and attitude. "My bust?!" she said loud enough that a certain someone woke up almost instantly. Luckily, her movement was silence, so she didn't interrupt the show. "You're rejecting me over something I can't even control? Not even giving me a chance? Who do you think you are? Just because you're a noble, doesn't mean you're like the Saionji. Someone as ugly as you has no right to be that picky."

The corner of Kohaku's right eye twitched as she compared him to them. The sympathy immediately left his face, and that same smile turned hard.
    "You probably think that because I don't spend half the day doing my hair. Or maybe it's the eyes. Either way, only the first I can control. Besides, if you think me to be so ugly, why would you even offer?" Kohaku raised his hand and shooed her away in a polite-ish manner. "I think it is best for you to leave now though, Miss Hamasaki. You should probably study hard for the upcoming exam, and starting now will leave you with the rest of the weekend to party or whatever it is you kids do these days." Although it didn't show much, Kohaku was hurt. He hated being compared to the Saionji. The Nakahara and the Saionji barely got along, despite the outward appearance of cooperation. The Saionji took, frankly, too much of the spotlight. And the Nakahara had been unable to produce a strong enough heir, whereas the Saionji had two Captains. Jealousy and envy both raged within Kohaku whenever they were mentioned.

Serenity
    Serenity

Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED] Empty Re: Shot Through the Heart [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Chizuru was absolutely appalled by what she heard. She stared on in silence, stunned at the interaction she was witnessing. She wished she hadn't woken up. She felt so bad for the Professor. She didn't deserve that treatment, so she tried thinking of ways to cheer him up once this was over. She began rehearsing compliments and other things in order to say it right. However, her mind was pulled from its thoughts when the sound of something breaking echoed through the class and caused her to jump.

"Fucking wannabe!" Kikyo shouted angrily. It was lucky that the students were rushing through the hall outside, otherwise they would have heard this happening too. Kikyo slapped every ounce of paper work and whatever else she could reach off his desk, shattering the mug that held his pens as well. Kikyo flipped her hair and walked out of the class with a final thing to add, "I asked because I felt bed. It's not like anyone's ever seen you with a woman. Most wonder if you're gay, so I guess they're right." Before he had a chance to respond, Kikyo slammed the door behind her and was gone.

The room was silent for a bit and Chizuru just watched for his reaction. She didn't think he even knew she was there. She saw this small waver of his smile and didn't like that one bit. He was one of the teachers she liked because he didn't yell at her for falling asleep! He just touched her shoulder and maybe shook her. He was nice. "I'll help you with that." Chizuru said and popped out from her chair. She hurried over to his side and began picking up the pens and paper to set on his desk. She even hurried and grabbed the broom so she could help sweep the broken cup up. "There. Done."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:19 pm

"Well that's because I don't date bitches," Kohaku mumbled to himself after Kikyo had long left his room. His face still had that smile he always had. However, it was faded. It had the look of the smile from a thousand-year-old statue, worn down by the weather. He did not like what he had heard, and it hurt him. Although, he was a bit more flippant about it after the whole "gay" comment. Even if he were gay, there was only man he'd go for. And that man was far from gay. Kohaku sighed and knelt down to pick up the paperwork. He'd know next time to...
    "No, changing anything will just end up giving her a victory." Kohaku nodded. His desk would look the same as it did when he came into class today. He'd go out and have the mug replicated if he had to. She was not going to win.

As the other voice rang out, Kohaku tensed. He looked up to see Chizuru Asakawa rise from her seat. Kohaku's class, as one of the last classes a Shinigami had to take, was always small. He could remember names easily because of it. It also helped that he only taught one class a day. Kohaku's shoulders dropped and his smile mostly returned. Within minutes, the two had cleaned up the mess made by a conceited woman.
    "Thank you, Miss Asakawa." Kohaku genuinely looked happy for a moment as he thanked her. "Your help was appreciated. I... am sorry you had to witness that though. It is not uncommon for me to be asked out like that... but I think that is only the second time someone has reacted violently. I'm just glad she took the anger out on the desk and not me." Kohaku rubbed his cheek, remembering the sharp pain of being slapped. "...and you did not hear what I said after she left, right?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:10 pm

"Please, Professor Nakahara, it was my pleasure. I'm glad I could help, and you do not have to apologize. Kikyo has a spell over men weaker than yourself. I'm sure she did not enjoy rejection, so she chose to lash out like a child." Chizuru said with a small chuckle and then glanced to the trashcan, "The loss of your pencil holder is mildly upsetting, but it's not irreplaceable." Chizuru's eyes shifted from the trashcan and to him as she smirked, "And I wouldn't want to date a dog either, so no person worth your time would blame you for turning her away." That was her way of answering his question. She had indeed heard his little comment, but she agreed with it, so it didn't bother her.

"Anyways... Have a good day, Professor Nakahara." Chizuru said with a sweet smile as she turned to leave. She ended up taking two steps and stopping. After a moment of hesitation, she turned back to him like there was something she wanted to ask or something she was confused about. She hesitated again, and then laughed at herself. "I'm sorry." she waved her hand to get her thoughts together and then cleared her throat, "I just wanted to let you know that she lied. I'm sure you know since you have been asked out by many women," Chizuru eyed him, her tone of slight disbelief, like she was questioning the truth behind his statement; however, her reasons were more a question of his ego, not his appearance. She figured that he was saving face after that incident was witnessed by a student.

"But you're not ugly. In fact, you are an attractive man, even if on the creepy side sometimes." Chizuru said bluntly and honestly. There was a strange way of acting she had. She acted like she had been trained as a noble. She spoke properly, and she even had a confidence in her words. There wasn't an ounce of her that wavered or showed any hint of her not believing her own words. However, she wasn't flirting either. It was like she was stating a pure fact. She stood there, her hands in front of her and wrapped firmly around her book bag and stared directly at him. It was difficult to make eye contact with someone like him, but even so, her gaze did not falter. Chizuru was just, in that moment, absolute. 

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:43 am

Kohaku felt good after talking with Chizuru. She was helping him out of the goodwill of her heart. She was... a good match for the Gotei Thirteen, even if a bit sleepy. Kohaku had a secondary role as the Lieutenant. Kohaku was one of the professors assigned to rate Shinigami and figure out what division they'd fit best in to. Kohaku always had a few hard ones, and Chizuru was one of them. Her sleepiness would be a problem for a few of the Divisions. He snickered and turned slightly pink at her comment, confirming he had been heard. Kohaku gave her a wave, smiling genuinely now.
    "You too." He turned around to finish sorting the paperwork...

But Chizuru hadn't left.
    "Hm?" Kohaku turned to her, slightly surprised she didn't leave. ". . ." Kohaku turned back to his paper as she finished talking. He was quiet for a moment. However, the normal smile was replaced by a warm one. "She didn't entirely lie, Miss Asakawa." Kohaku turned to her again. "While I have been asked out by many a women, I haven't accepted a single date. I am quite picky, and no, it's not because of my noble status... Most women are simply not attractive to me. It's odd and probably selfish... or at the very least quite conceited. I can't change it, but I don't think I would like to. I didn't know Miss Hamasaki had it in her, and I would rather not be fooled by pretty appearances." Kohaku picked up his papers, aligning them by tapping on the desk. "Miss Asakawa, forgive me if this is too private, but is there a reason you do not get enough sleep at night?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:55 am

Chizuru could understand his comment on appearances. "Appearances like yours?" Chizuru said with a playful accusation before his question came up, "You're among my favorite professors here at the Academy, so I have a habit of observing you; I do apologize if that sounds off. I've learned I'm quite good at reading people. I know you're kinder than most people assume, I know you greatly admire Professor Aizen, I know most students don't understand the point of your lessons is to learn how to work around the rules, and I know you despise being compared to other nobles, particularly, the Saionji. The only thing that frustrates me is not knowing where exactly you're looking, but I'm sure that is the point. I've even wondered if you're blind and can see by hearing, but haven't figured it out."

Once that part of the conversation was over and his question came about, Chizuru stayed silent for a bit. She collected her words and tried to figure out what she wanted to say. She wasn't going to lie to him. "Well, um..." she sat down in one of the students desks and put her hand on her forehead. In that moment, her eyes began to close and her head slowly lowered. Before she could fully fall out, whether it was him waking her up or some noise outside, Chizuru raised her head and sighed. "I, um... I sleep all the time. It doesn't matter how much I sleep or how great a sleep was, I can doing it anywhere. I don't fully understand it, and I'm too fearful to go see a doctor about it, so I haven't. I've failed three years of classes because of it... I don't know what to do, and something tells me that it's not going away."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:03 am

"Oh no, I'm not pretty." Kohaku interjected, smiling. He seemed to almost wave her off. "I'm handsome," he corrected. His voice was smooth and playful. He joked about things a lot, and it was sometimes hard to tell when he was serious or joking. Kohaku listened to her. Everything she said proved something he didn't see in her. It caused him to think about Chizuru as a student quite deeply. Kohaku didn't nod along, but he seemed to look at her. When she finished, Kohaku nodded and set the papers completely down on his desk.

There was a moment of intense silence as Kohaku continued to ponder.
    "You are far more observant than I gave you credit for. A-plus marks on that, truly." He was genuinely impressed, and it showed in her voice. "You've hit the nail on the head for most of that. It is truly only the Saionji that I dislike being compared to, but that is nothing against them personally. J and Kazuo are both fine members of our society both publicly and privately. I will answer your question there. No I don't see by hearing and I'm not blind either. My eyes work just fine as they are. I can see anyone and everyone as clearly like you can with your eyes open. However, if my eyes are completely open, that is when my vision gets.. complicated, but that is more personal than I care to go into more details about. Just know that although this does help my vision, keeping my eyes like this has caused people to wonder where I'm looking. It really discourages cheating."

Kohaku decided to get personal with Chizuru again, this time asking her about herself. Kohaku was immediately worried, and his smile faded.
    "You really should see a doctor about that. Captain Hayashi, Lieutenant Isobe, or any of the Fourth Division's doctors would gladly help you if you need it. And, based on what I've been told recently, you should see one anyways. A lot of the problems caused now might have been averted if people went in for normal checkups or reported it if something's wrong. If had been something going on for a few months' time, I would say it would be okay. Sometimes people just have periods where they don't sleep well. But if you have failed classes for three years because of it, you definitely should see a doctor." Kohaku gave her a look that shone with regret. "Because it could very well affect what Division you get placed in, if you're even accepted into a Division. That is something that most people don't know. Just because you graduate does not guarantee you a position within the Gotei Thirteen. Most do get a position, but it cannot be guaranteed." Kohaku's mouth curled into a smile again. "Of course, I imagine someone with your stick-to-it-ness will be offered a position."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Chizuru didn't remember calling him pretty, so she was thrown off for a moment. However, the confusion faded and she chuckled at him. She said nothing to agree or disagree with the compliment he gave himself. She decided to just leave it at that and decide for herself later how attractive she thought he was. She knew she didn't think he was ugly, but the word 'handsome' didn't quickly come to mind.

Chizuru was enjoying the conversation she was holding with her professor now. He was funny and pretty easy to talk to. The fact that he never yelled at her was a bonus as well. She got one or two confirmations she had been curious about, even though the mystery behind his eyes was fun. It was technically only half-solved though. She really wanted to see what color they were. She giggled at his final comment. "I can tell you that I've never cheated on anything at this Academy." she said through giggles and then blushed out of embarrassment, "Otherwise, I wouldn't have failed three years..."

"My 'stick-to-it-ness', huh?" Chizuru giggled at that and nodded, "I guess. It isn't a recent development for me. I failed those three years because of my sleeping habits and it was happening before then too. I almost missed first orientation because of it." Chizuru sighed and looked away from him, her eyes saddened. After some thought, she brought her attention back to him and smiled weakly. "It happens when I'm sad or angry, or scared, or lonely. Nothing I do has changed it because nothing has changed. I'm still sad..." She looked away again, almost ashamed, "Still angry, scared... alone."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Kohaku was enjoying this conversation with Chizuru as well. She was an interesting student. No, she was just an interesting person. He could only imagine the uses her plain, but pretty, looks could have combined with her observation skills. There was quite a lot of potential in Chizuru. If only it weren't limited by her narcolepsy. That was why he pushed her to go to the doctor. In fact, he'd probably continue to do so. Not only was he looking out for a student, but he was also looking out for a potential member of the Gotei 13. With her potential at its fullest, she could easily land a seated officer's position—and around a fifth seat at that.
    "Sticking to your principles is a good trait to have."

However, Chizuru also had underlying problems. Things he couldn't fix. His smile turned more to a neutral line as he crossed his arms in contemplation. When Kohaku finally spoke again, he treaded carefully.
    "Well, I'm a teacher and a soldier. I'm not a therapist, so I'm not entirely trained in how to help you there. I'm sorry you feel sad, angry, and lonely. We all feel that, some more than others and some less. You'd be surprised how hard it is some days to get out of bed or not to snap at a student who is being more than disrespectful." Kohaku pointedly left out mentioning loneliness. "But I stick to it and continue being me. That's what you should do, and I think it'll work out in the long run."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:34 pm

He was trying to help the best he could and she appreciated that. Frankly, this conversation went more personal than either of them planned, but Chizuru was an open person who did trust him not to take advantage of that. He bent rules, not trust his students had in him. However, something he said made her chuckle again. "You contradicted yourself there." she said as sweetly as she could, "You say I should keep being me, but also go to the doctor to get things checked out. I haven't been in four years because they haven't found anything beyond extreme anxiety. In truth, I sleep. It's just what I do."

"It's weird, I know." she nodded a bit and then shrugged, "But there's nothing when I sleep. There's no fear, no pain. I don't even dream anymore. It's just dark and I'm not in this world for a while. Time passes me by and I get closer my real goal. Since my goal isn't power, rank, or wealth... All I have to do is wait." Chizuru stopped and smiled widely, "I'm sharing quite a bit about myself here. I'm generally an open person, but it's only fair you toss something else toward me. Of course, you might consider my observations enough information, but that's not exactly fair. I worked for that."

Chizuru moved toward him and stood up on her toes, almost inappropriately close. She looked directly at him, as if she were searching for something. "So tell me, Professor... What color are your eyes?" she asked with genuine curiosity and a touch of excitement. She wanted to know, badly.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:02 am

Kohaku tilted his head slightly, scratching at its side.
    "Hmm, I did didn't I." He didn't realize he had contradicted himself. It was why he was a teacher, not a therapist. Contradictions were always there in teaching. They shouldn't be there in psychology. Kohaku listened to her, learning more and more about this student. Chizuru was perhaps one of the most interesting students he had ever had. Someone whose goal was not power, rank, or wealth? Those were always special students. Kohaku had heard of many different goals. Kohaku didn't recoil from her getting so close, but he did raise an eyebrow. "What color are my eyes?" Kohaku cracked a smile. Time to be... creative.

"Now that's a question I get asked a lot. A surprising amount of people are curious about it." Kohaku took a good look at Chizuru, then continued. "What color are your eyes? You'd say, brown, right?" "Um.... Uh'huh. Yep." "Good. But you know, I'd say that your eyes are more of a chocolate color. But what would a colorblind person say? What color would they see your eyes as?" Kohaku began speaking like a teacher would. "Color is not always an absolute. In Japan, they did not have a separate color for blue and green until the 12th century. It was just 'ao.' Even then, 'midori' was considered only a shade of ao until the 1940s. So what color my eyes are depends on what another person sees, as color is, funnily enough, not a fact in this world."

"Thus I can't really tell you what color my eyes are. And unfortunately, it's never pleasant to open my eyes. So I'll give you something else. And of course, this stays between us. Just like the information you gave me about yourself. I won't tell anyone unless I am subpoenaed, and in which case... I can't really do anything there. Let's see... Well, as most people know I have a sister. We're also currently fighting to be the next head of household. Ah, now something most people don't know... Koharu is about a minute younger than I am. So technically, I'm the older sibling. I don't think that's personal enough... Ah, here's an interesting fact. My silver hair will turn brown as I age. It's... an odd reversal, but it happens to all of the Nakahara."

Last edited by Tsubine on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:40 am

The raise of the eyebrow was all she really expected, but she had hoped for more. She kept trying to get a peek at the color of his eyes by looking through what she assumed was the small slit he kept open to allow himself to see. She was that curious about it, but this was about as close as she would get. She stepped back as he spoke up, giving him his personal space again, though she did not hide her disappointment. He danced around the truth like she had actually expected and so she sighed in reply.

"From silver to brown, huh? That's actually impressive." she said in genuine surprise at his claim, "It is an interesting thing to know, for sure, but doesn't have the same ring as everything I spilled. However," she put up a finger and smiled, "I said everything I said because I have nothing to hide. I didn't think I'd get anything in return and that would have been fine, but I do appreciate you equaling things out."

"Well, this was my last class of the day, so I'm going to go home and sleep." Chizuru put her hands over her mouth and yawned. She went to walk out again, but stopped and turned to him. "Next time a woman asks you out and you're going to reject her... Come up with something like 'I don't date my students' or 'My heart belongs to another.' Rejection already hurts any person enough, so an extra comment on who they are or what they look like... can destroy them for life and not all are a Kikyo." There was a bit of a 'trust me, I know' infliction on her tone there, "See you next week, Professor."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am