Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] Empty Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:38 am

Kazuo was enjoying a nice lunch with his brother. It was a nice, warm day. It was supposed to rain later on in the day, which for once was a problem. Today, Kazuo had a date. And it wasn't just any date. It was a date with perhaps the most eligible bachelorette in the Gotei Thirteen. As the Gotei's second-most-eligible bachelor (though technically he's the most since his brother was in a noncomittal relationship), he couldn't ask for a better chance.

Midori was one of the people closest to Kazuo. He had slowly gotten to know her over the years, but only recently did he realize they were both single. It was perhaps the biggest revelation he'd had so far. So he couldn't screw this up. Midori was not only a friend, but she was also the person he trusted the most outside of the Saionji. And yes, that included Kaminari.

"J, about when did they say it was going to start to rain?" Kazuo looked a bit apprehensive about the clouds in the distance. "And why did it have to rain today of all days?" He sighed and took a bite of the rice ball Maaya had made for the two of them. Kazuo thought it was sweet that Maaya had made food for J and him. He also knew why she was doing that. "So how have things with you and Maaya been since the Incident?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] Empty Re: Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:08 am

Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] Header%203_zpszxwrwqpx

J had just came in from his morning training session. He was covered in sweat and had a rag hanging over his neck that he recently wiped his face with. He was sitting across from his brother, a meal made by Maaya placed in front of both of them. Maaya knew she did not have to cook as she had been told many times, however, she felt the need to. He began eating, understanding the tension that often showed between him and Maaya, even if he wished it wasn't there. They did have a problem right now, but not one that would easily be fixed. "We have some things we will have to work through, but I'm sure we'll get through it. She's trying very hard; I'm just unsure of how to comfort her now."

"As for the rain..." J looked up to the sky and shrugged, "I can't remember. I'm sure it is supposed to come in though. Why are you worried about th- Right. You have a date tonight, don't you?" J looked  down to his food and smirked. Kazuo had been a little secretive on who he was going out with, which only made J wonder more. "Are you still not going to tell me who it is?" J asked and then looked to his brother with narrowed eyes that issued a challenge, a brotherly one though, "If I must, I will follow you. I must watch out for my younger brother at all costs. What if this person is a spy? What if they're not trustworthy? I must make sure of this, and I can't unless I understand who they are."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:16 am

Kazuo rolled his eyes. Not this again. "And I told you to trust me. Since it's someone we both know, if things don't work out, I don't want it to get awkward for you. That way when you see her, you don't immediately think 'oh, that's the woman that didn't get a second date with my brother.'" Kazuo felt J would continue there, so he spoke up again. "And I know, it probably wouldn't be your thought... but I just don't want things to get awkward, alright?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:23 am

"That is not wh-..." Kazuo caught his words before he could even say them. However, Kazuo wasn't helping settle J's mind. "Your words are only making me more suspicious, Kazuo. My brother, understand that I have nothing more than your best interests at heart. You've known every woman that had come to me for the possibility of marriage, is it not only fair I know who you go out and date? I do trust in your judgement, but I do have the Saionji name to think about as well." J turned his head and called one of the guards, "I am going to need you to launch and investigation on the woman my brother has decided to go out on a date with. His refusal to reveal her identity has me worried. Understood?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:47 am

Kazuo shooed the guard away. "No, don't do that." Kazuo gave a defeated yet annoyed look to his brother. "I'll tell you, okay? Just don't follow me. And don't order someone else to. Or ask. Or anything. Don't snoop around, listen in, or anything like that either, okay?" Once he had confirmation none of that would happen, Kazuo leaned in. "It's Midori. Yes, that Midori. Now you see why I was apprehensive. If something happens, I didn't want things to be awkward between you and her too."

Kazuo scratched his head. "I asked her out for dinner a day or two before the Incident. We were talking over lunch and she let slip that she was single." Kazuo shrugged a little. "I haven't had much luck with noble women, so I thought I might as well give someone like Midori a shot." Kazuo then looked his brother straight in the eyes. "And don't tell anyone about this. I don't want rumors to start spreading."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:55 am

During their conversation, J enjoyed the meal he had. He finished right around Kazuo finally admitting who he was going out with. J stopped mid chew of his last bite and stared at Kazuo. He glanced around as he thought about that and then just nodded while swallowing. "I understand your worry, but you don't have to. Captain Hayashi is a kind woman and you are not bound by the same laws that bind me when it comes to marriage. Even then, I don't follow them. The fact that Maaya is, or was, a noble has only been a bonus for the family." J was about to stand up when he noticed the guard still there, looking all confused. "Did you not hear my brother? He said it doesn't need to be done. You're dismissed. Thank you." J said as he stood up and sighed, "Good luck on your date. You've chosen well." He was about to walk away, but then stopped and looked back to Kazuo, "You do know that I would not have followed you around, right? I'm not that nosy, Kazuo. Thank you for telling me anyway. Have a reasonable amount of fun with the Captain." J vanished from sight with a quick-to-escape shunpo.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:01 pm

"Laws or not, there are reasons these houses are noble. It's best to keep the good ones preserved. They just don't get to mix with our good looks." Kazuo smirked a bit. "It's one of the only laws you don't follow though. Gives you a bit of character, J." Kazuo stood as J did, and smiled—not smirked. "I'd rather not risk i—" And J was gone. Kazuo sighed and returned indoors. It was time to dress.

Kazuo was the type to pick up a lady at her home. Thankfully, Kazuo knew exactly where to go to find Midori. Unfortunately, he was in the middle of the Seireitei. Kazuo did his best to sneak around, but a few Shinigami surely caught glimpses of him. As Kazuo knocked on Midori's door, he adjusted his tie. And for once, Kazuo's hair was tied back in a ponytail. Well, back was a bit of a misnomer. He had swung it around and over his shoulder. "Midori, it's Kazuo. Here to pick you up for dinner." Kazuo had his normal smile on, but there was something in his eyes that was different. Kazuo was genuinely excited about this.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:44 am

Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] Header8_zps4suvfmic

Midori remembered dinner, but wasn't thinking of it like an actual date. Like Kazuo Saionji would ask her out on a date, right? Who the hell would expect that? However, she did want to look nice for the outting. She tossed on a little white dress with a blue flowery pattern all along it. It showed off her chest a little more than she meant it to, but it wasn't a bother. She hadn't worn this thing in a very, very long time. She hadn't had a reason to. As she was finishing up her hair, she heard the knock at the door. "Coming!" she called out, a little surprised he was on time. She slipped into a pair of small white pumps as she made her way to the door and opened it up to greet Kazuo. "Well don't you look handsome." she said playfully and with a smile. She expected to have fun today. "We might want to make sure we don't go anywhere to open. I don't know if you heard, but it was supposed to rain today." Midori said as she stepped out and closed her door, "Where do you want to go?"

Last edited by Serenity on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:30 am

There's a point in someone's life when they like someone that they start seeing them differently. The target of someone's affection just becomes a shining star. Their voice sweetens into a melody. It's easier to spot them in a crowd. That person will be the target of dreams and thoughts, not all of them so pure. But this change is really apparent when it's a friend. Their chest and hips become something attractive. The physical closeness becomes somewhat awkward. But most of all, that person doesn't stop being a friend.

Midori was beautiful. Before now, Kazuo would have said she's very pretty. Now, he'd use more personal ways to describe this woman. He gave her a quick look up and down. And of course, his smile widened slightly. "And you look lovely." Kazuo thought about doing his normal "kiss the back of the hand" routine, but... it didn't feel right to do that with Midori. There was one impure thought in his head. He wanted the first time she felt his lips to be on her own. "It's a good thing the restaurant I had picked doesn't have an outdoor area..."

Kazuo looped his arm through Midori's and began leading her along. "Normally, I'd go to the Violet Sapphire, run by one of my cousins..." Kazuo scratched the back of his head with his free hand. "But I don't want to risk running into a noble lady I've turned away or any of my family. So I know a place that's almost as good."

Kazuo smiled and led her to a two-story restaurant far away from the 2nd, 4th, and 6th Divisions. The name was Shiroi Suisei, and it had a reputation. There was a moat filled with koi around it, but that was about it for the fancy look on the outside. It had a rustic look on the outside, but the inside... This was definitely a place that a normal Shinigami could not afford. Each table was slightly raised above the floor on a platform, allowing serving staff quicker passage. Kazuo confirmed the reservations with the host, and the two were led to a table in the far end of the room. Kazuo helped Midori sit, as per gentlemanly ways.

It was somewhat dim, and there was a curtain to their side. Kazuo pulled the curtain away from the window. Except it wasn't looking outside over the moat. It was looking into the moat. "This place is known for their window seats. It's one of the most beautiful restaurants out there." Kazuo leaned in to whisper to Midori. "Truth be told, I think this beats the Violet Sapphire in beauty. Service... still have to give that to Yurina's crew." Kazuo shook his head, smiling and leaning back. "So Midori, how was your day?"
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:49 am

"Oh, well thank you." Midori giggled as she happily accepted his arm. "The Sapphire is a wonderful restaurant, but  I'm not sure it's the place I'd want to go today." Midori had a bit of a check list in the back of her mind right now, though she was completely unaware of it. The checklist consists of multiple hints and clues that would show her that Kazuo did think of this as a date. The first one was checked off when he looped their arms. The second was checked off when she realized what type of restaurant they were going to. Sure, the two of them were Captains, but she figured a small diner would have been their choice of destination. Kazuo had chosen a more fancy and high-class location.

They arrived and Midori had a third check go off when she realized he made reservations. She was surprised and it showed on her face. The two recieved a window seat and Midori thanked Kazuo for helping her to her seat. She then smiled as she observed the fish in the moat. It was a beautiful sight, like being in an aquarium and enjoying a great meal. "It is quite beautiful." she said and then turned back to him, "My day has been rather quiet. There were very few injuries in need of my help and I made sure to stop by Kaminari's early this morning to check on her. How has your day been so far?" The waiter came over and handed them their menus and some water to begin, leaving in silence so they could make their decision. "Thank you." was all Midori said as the waiter left. She opened the menu and titled her head, "I've never been here before. Do you know what's good?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:14 am

Kazuo had no idea Midori didn't think this was a date. He had even tried to be suggestive when he asked her! "My day... It's been stressful. J was thinking of following me to find out who I was going to dinner with, but he finally relented. Beyond that, the stuff from the other night is still fresh..." He shook his head. "But finally getting to dinner with you has helped alleviate the stress." Kazuo flashed a kind smile, then thanked the waiter for the menus and water.

"There's a lot of good things here. I personally like the tuna, but I don't know if that's what you'd like. They've got a bit of everything, really. Their lobster is good, as is their halibut. Outside of seafood... definitely their chicken and almond curry." Kazuo then looked stupefied for a moment, then sighed. "I think I should ask what kind of foods you like first, then if you'd like an appetizer. I don't think it's nice just jumping right into the entrées." Kazuo then flagged the waiter down, who came over with hurried diligence. "We'd like to see your wine list." The waited departed, and Kazuo turned back to Midori. "I must be talking a mile a minute... I'm not usually this talkative at dinner."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:29 am

"If your brother is picking on you again, I can get a little revenge on him." Midori said with a giggle, "I invented a certain pill that allows me to get my own petty revenge on people who have chosen to spite me. It changes the way the body loses weight. So the more one works out, the fatter they get. Do you remember when Kaminari suddenly put on like 30 pounds a couple years back? She cut out all the bust areas in my shirts and I walked out of the house with my bra popping through my shirt before even realizing it... It was so embarrassing, so I made her fat." There was a playfully dark look on Midori's face when she remembered that. She giggled a little bit. "She still doesn't know it was me either... Oh, yeah, and don't you go telling on me! I can't believe I even told you that. Hahaha."

Midori was noticing that Kazuo was talking a bit faster than normal. He seemed nervous about something. When he asked for the wine menu, she was surprised. Did she bring enough money for this? She turned away for a moment and glanced into her wallet. "No. No, I did not bring enough for this... Shit. Should have expected a more lavish dining tonight. I'm so stu-... wait a minute." Midori put her wallet away as a few interesting thoughts rushed through her head. She tilted her head to the side as she looked at him. Even as he stopped talking, she was obviously contemplating something. She glanced to his outfit, his hair was back, the arm loop, the super fancy restaurant, the wine, the window seat. "Holy shit. This is a date." Midori's face immediately turned extremely red. She could not hide it. She looked down to the menu and skimmed over it, "I think I'll try the lobster. I-I don't need a four course meal o-or anything." She closed the menu as the wine menus came, "I'm not good at choosing."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:45 am

Kazuo almost felt sweat starting to fall. "You don't have to worry about me telling anyone about that... But I'm going to say don't try that on J. If he finds out..." Kazuo shook his head. "And that explains why I thought I saw you like that..." Kazuo smirked. "I have been wondering how to ask you about that. It's good to finally have closure."

Kazuo's head tilted slightly. Her blushing was cute, but unexpected. "The lobster is good." Kazuo glanced over the wine menu, then ordered something fancy. "And we'll have two lobsters." With the order in, Kazuo turned back to Midori. "So... forgive me for asking if it's a bit too personal, but what perfume is that you're wearing? I wanted to ask earlier because it smells amazing." He smiled, then gave her another look over. "And... I really meant it earlier. You look stunning tonight."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:18 am

"If he finds out, he'll be angry and I'll tell him to grow a sense of humor. Of course, if he found out I did it because I thought he was picking on you, he might take it out on you... Could be a bad situation, but seeing J get fat would be hilarious. It's just lucky that once you stop taking the pill, the rate of going back to normal is accelerated, so he wouldn't be like that for long." Midori laughed, thinking about someone like J actually looking like a couch potato. The fact that Kazuo saw her that way was extremely embarrassing. She put her hand over her face and shook her head. "I should of made her take them for an extra month. Sometimes I'm a little too air-headed. I should have noticed the people staring sooner, but oh well. That bra has been destroyed; Wouldn't wear it again anyway."

Midori appreciated Kazuo taken the initiative and ordering for her. She wasn't used to being around the more gentlemanly types, especially since she now understood. "This is a date... Wow." Midori was a little awestruck at this point. Her mind was going a mile a minute, trying to think of how many ways she need to avoid messing this night up. Even if they never went out again, she didn't want to embarrass him or make him think less of her. She should have never told him that bra story. She mentally groaned before bringing her attention back to him. "Oh, well thank you. It was a gift and I can't remember the exact name right now. I know it's something lavender." Midori began playing with her hair, blushing even more as he complimented her, "Th-Thank you, again. You do as well, but I'm sure you're used to hearing it... You and your brother are quite popular with the ladies."

"Come on, get it together girl..." Midori yelled at herself for even mentioning other women at this point, "You're never this out of it. Just take a deep breath and talk to him like normal. The conversation was going much better when you were oblivious..." Midori closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. She visibly relaxed and then looked up to Kazuo with a clearer look in her eyes. "So how is everything going after the incident? Have damages been repaired? ... How's Maaya?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:48 am

Kazuo was glad he had caught that glimpse all those years back. "That's a shame. It looked good on you." Kazuo smiled as their conversation continued. Midori was a delight to be around. "Used to hearing it is one thing, Midori. I'm not used to someone actually meaning it. Sure, people say it because I look nice or have my hair done a certain way, but... It just feels different coming from you. It feels special, really." Kazuo had a tinge of red on his cheeks now. It was embarrassing, but true.

"Maaya is doing..." Kazuo wanted to say "fine," but that wouldn't be true. "Maaya isn't doing that well. Physically, she's fit as a fiddle. Mentally... there's some tension going on between her and J. This is another one of those secrets, but she and J actually are courting. It's just not official because of the backlash of the Ishino's actions. And her... outburst has put a lot of tension on her and J. She's doing her best to win him back, and I'm sure she will. It's just going to take time while J calculates his next move. He's got a lot on his plate, especially with the Nakahara putting forth a new house to be promoted to replace the Ishino..." Kazuo shook his head and sighed.

"Enough about politics though. I'd rather not dull our evening together." Kazuo smiled again, looking at Midori. She was very pretty tonight, and the sunlight passing through the water only made her look more radiant. "How've you been since that night? I can't imagine it's been easy on you either."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Midori was taken aback by the compliment. Unfortunately, it didn't have the same impact on her that it would have on other women. It was like he was trying too hard to make her feel nice. Saying that bra looked good, especially with how he had seen it, felt inappropriate. She kept a straight face and chose to say nothing more until the conversation moved on. "I'm sure the women who compliment you do mean it." Midori tilted her head a bit, "I'm glad that me saying it feels special, but don't lessen the compliments you get from other people. You hear them often, but remember that compliments have a power, a powerful one that people often ignore. Telling someone they look or smell nice, complimenting a new outfit, or even commenting nicely on their smile or eyes... Especially for women, it can really make someones day. It doesn't always mean you're being flirt with. Sometimes it's just to brighten a mood. Things like that can really make a difference, so when someone compliments you... Take it nicely. It's not easy to say something like that to either Saionji Brother; it takes courage."

It didn't surprise Midori that there were a few issues there, but talking about that kind of thing wasn't the best for a date. Midori nodded in agreement. She was surprised that he went back to a conversation about the same day. "Mm... I'm okay. Nothing there really effected me and I wasn't injured. I'm not a noble either, so things about it don't really stress me out... Kazuo, is that really what you want to talk about tonight? I feel like there are other things we can discuss... Why don't you tell me something about yourself. Usually you try to get to know people on a more personal level... when you're on a date." Midori smiled sweetly and blushed a bit, showing that she knew what was going on.

Last edited by Serenity on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:34 am

Kazuo had a bit of a hesitant look on his face. "I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't appreciate the compliments I get. There's... There's eventually a point that the compliments get a little too run-together, or they all sound the same. Sure, I like them. It does make my day better, but... Gah, this is hard to explain. I appreciate the compliments, but I'd like... something different now and then I guess. Usually what I hear is how nice my hair is or how pretty my eyes are. It just gets a little repetitive and there are times that it makes me think that's all people see me as." Kazuo shrugged and sighed.

The conversations continued without much issue in Kazuo's mind. But he's a man, and what do men know? "You hit that nail on the coffin." Kazuo was about to speak when the waiter came forth with the wine. He poured both of them a glass. "How about a toast? To... a good first date." After the toast was, or wasn't, made (depending on Midori), Kazuo did continue what he was going to say. "Usually, I can talk about what it takes being a Captain and that satisfies curiosity for the most part. I'm not too good with talking about myself, honestly."

"Hmm... Ah, I know... My favorite place to go to in the World of the Living... It's a little out there, but hear me out. I like going to Spain and Portugal. It's always a little hot there, but for the most part it's just beautiful. Swimming in the Mediterranean Sea is a fantastic experience. I, uh, actually kayaked across it one time. Going from Tarifa to Tangiers was quite an experience... Where do you like to go?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Midori took to heart what Kazuo said about the compliments. She understood it to a degree, but she couldn't relate. She had never been complimented to that point and she didn't think she wanted to be. However, he took it well and that was impressive. "Yes," she nodded in agreement and toasted with him now that they had gotten their wine, "To a good first date." Midori took a sip of the wine and savored it. She exhaled happily as she set the glass down. Kazuo told Midori about a place he had went. He had even kayaked. She didn't really know what that was beyond some sort of boat.

"That sounds nice..." she replied and thought of a place she liked to go, "I don't really have one. I know that sounds stupid, but I don't. I can't remember the last time I went to the World Of The Living to have fun. I haven't had a vacation in years, but that is my choice. I guess it's a silly one... I could use a break, but with everything that's gone on recently, taking one could cause problems... Still, I think I might plan one soon. Maybe... Ireland. I wouldn't mind seeing the States. Hawaii or California would be nice. Is there a place that you've never been that you would like to see? Just... somewhere new?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Kazuo tried to think on anywhere he hadn't been. "I actually haven't been to Ireland either. I try to go to warmer places, so I've been to most beachy places you can think of. Well, the ones that are good for tourists anyways. Once things settle down and you get a new Lieutenant, we should go and see what the Éire has for us." Kazuo and Midori continued talking until their food came, and they even talked during the meal. The lobster was delicious, but Midori's laughter was even more. Kazuo laughed too, and he told a few jokes here and there.

About halfway through, Kazuo had a pensive look on his face. He sighed, then looked his date in the eyes. "Midori... I think I should tell you this." He leaned in a bit and lowered his voice. "Back in the truth or dare thing... I lied. J doesn't know about this, and that's why I lied. I didn't want him to think anything bad about me at the time, and I've kept it to myself ever since. But..." Kazuo hesitated, then swallowed and continued. "I have had sex before. It was years ago on a beach in the Philippines. And... It happened because I got a little too drunk. But yeah, I thought you should know that. If this gets to that point, I don't want you to try to take it easy or think it's 'extra-special' because you thought it'd be my first time. "

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:32 pm

The night was going great. The conversation was pleasant and the meal was a bonus. Midori was really enjoying the night. When Kazuo switched up, she didn't know what to expect and what he said was not on the list at all. He had lied about that? Midori kind of understood the reasoning, but she didn't know how to feel now. "I see." was all she felt she could say. At this point, she couldn't look at him. She glanced off toward the floor, deep in thought. "That's fine, I think. I appreciate you telling the truth." she said, but still wasn't looking at him. Midori's expression saddened a bit, "I've gotta go." Midori stood up and dropped some money on the table. She bowed to Kauzo and hurried off, "Goodnight."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Kazuo immediately grabbed Midori's wrist as she tried to hurry off. That was a perk of being who he was. He was fast when he wanted to be. "Midori..." Kazuo slipped her money back into her hand. "For one, you're not paying for anything tonight." There was a bit of a weak smile. "For two... I'm thinking I probably should have waited until the second date to work that in, huh? That was a mistake, and I'm sorry. You must feel like I might treat you like her. But... Midori, I respect you far too much to end up doing that to you. If I treated you like that, I wouldn't feel I was worthy of being a Captain anymore. I would have dishonored the Gotei and my family. And I'm not saying that I'd treat any other woman like that either. Just... It wasn't like I picked her up at a bar and took her back for a one-night-stand or whatever people call it nowadays. ...But you probably don't want to hear about her anyways. Midori, I just wanted to tell you that because I don't want there to be a trust issue between us if we go further. There's a difference between not telling your doctor and friend... and not telling someone you think you could really care about. I don't think it'd be fair to you if I let you believe something like that. I'm not a perfect guy, but I try to give out respect when it's deserved. And you deserve it."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] Header16_zpsvvjb56hr

Midori wasn't slow, but she wasn't as fast as Kazuo and probably never would be. She should have expected to be stopped. She looked down to the money and just clenched it in her hands when she looked back to him. She listened to what he had to say, but as he went on, her eyes were telling him to stop talking about that. He got the hint, at least she thought he did, because he changed the subjecet. However, he didn't understand it. She just shook her head. "That's not it... You don't understand." Midori glanced around the restaurant. This was embarrassing. She felt like all eyes were on them, when in reality no one was even paying attention. Her cheeks flushed red and she looked back to Kazuo. "I need some fresh air... It's too hot in here." she said and hurried outside. When he came out, he'd find her leaning over a gate and staring down into the moat to watch the fish.

Last edited by Serenity on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Kazuo was a man. Of course he wouldn't get it. He paid the check, then he came outside. He also bought a bottle of the wine they had. "Here. It's the same as what we had..." Kazuo looked embarrassed, hesitant, anxious, and apologetic at the same time as he handed over the bottle. "You're... Midori, you're right. I don't understand. It's... uh... something that comes with being a man, I think." He started scratching the back of his head. "Or maybe it's a Saionji thing... both me and J have hard time understanding women in certain ways... But maybe you can help me understand."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Tryin' to Get Over You [CLOSED] Header16_zpsvvjb56hr

Midori jumped when he showed up. He pulled her from her thoughts. She smiled weakly and looked back to the fish. She had chosen a spot that was away from people. "No, I don't even think Kaminari would understand, or Lilith, or Sascha, or even Maaya... I don't know if anyone would at this point." Midori sighed and lowered her head, "I was hoping you were one because then I wouldn't be the only inexperienced Captain. I'm sure most of the Lieutenants have probably even experienced it, but nope... Not me." Midori knocked on her head like she was an idiot. "I used to be able to relate to Kaminari, but now that she's with Tsubine, she even makes fun of me for it... It's extremely embarrassing..."

Last edited by Serenity on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Kazuo blinked. Then blinked again. Then it set in. Then his hand met his face. "Yep, I can be an idiot at times." Kazuo smiled slightly, then moved in a bit closer to her. He took off his jacket and put it over her shoulders. "That is the biggest surprise I have heard from you. I never would have thought you'd be.. uh... inexperienced." He leaned in to whisper that last part, as he could tell it was something she kept private. "I'm sorry I had to burst your bubble about me. If it makes you feel any better... I actually don't remember any of it. That's how drunk I was. Honestly, the last thing I do remember is... well, that was my first time feeling a woman's breast." Kazuo blushed a bit, then shook his head. "May I have your permission to be a little forward, Midori?" If she said yes, Kazuo had one more line to say. If she said no, it was okay too. He'd apologize again. "Sorry Midori for being an idiot. I really do care for you, and you're a great gal. I really hope I haven't hurt your feelings or anything tonight. And if I have, then I'd love to make it up to you."

But if she let him be forward, then Kazuo would swallow, then look deep into her eyes. She could tell he was serious and not joking, or being some sort of pervert. "Well, if you'll pardon my bluntness, if we're together, then you won't have to worry about that insecurity for long." She could tell he was serious and not joking, or being some sort of pervert. "I'm not talking about a first date hook-up or anything. But I'd love to take you on a second date. And a third. And a fourth. And so-on and so-on. All until I can help you with whatever problems I can."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 pm